Wheels, Tires, Suspension & Brakes Forum Discuss wheels, tires, suspension and brakes for your Mercedes-Benz.
Need wheels & tires? Checkout the MBWorld Marketplace and support your forums!

Best to go with coilovers? Why not spring/shock combo? Plz help-

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-27-2005 | 04:51 AM

04 C230K-ss
Best to go with coilovers? Why not spring/shock combo? Plz help-

Hey guys, I am very confused as to wether or not spending the money for coilovers is necessary for my needs of getting that 'perfect' drop. I had h&r coils on my gti so I know the ride is bumpy, but damn that suspension is like riding on rails!!! Yet I had the h&r cup kit on my jetta and the ride was nice, yet the drop didn't satisfy me after a while...I wanted to go lower but couldn't. However I am just afraid that I can get the same amount of drop for less money by what it seems like just getting some h&r springs matched with some koni adjustable shocks???

I have no clue. I will save up after this spending adventure for some 19s also just to keep that in mind. So am I heading the wrong way by spending a fair amount for getting coils other than some spring/shock combo for just the same drop. I like the idea of the coils for being able to raise/lower the height at my desire but still- the price is a HUGE factor in the amount of drop I will get. Ive seen some slammed c classes with just spring/shock combo but dont know what they are running, however I have seen great drops again with the coils. Please help me as I am sitting on the fence on this one. Is it worth it, or would a spring/shock combo be the best buy? And what recommendation for an agressive drop in springs would you suggest?

Thanks so much guys, I know this topic can and most likely has been discussed before- however I have searched for the past week so I am at the point where I feel it necessairy to post up in this forum. Again thanks for all the help and feedback

-Geoff
Old 07-28-2005 | 01:35 PM

04 C230K-ss
nobody?....anyone have some insight at least to help out?