Wheels, Tires, Suspension & Brakes Forum Discuss wheels, tires, suspension and brakes for your Mercedes-Benz.
Need wheels & tires? Checkout the MBWorld Marketplace and support your forums!

NY members: RVM Racing Wheels in Long Island any good?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-05-2005, 08:30 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
'99 C230 K
NY members: RVM Racing Wheels in Long Island any good?

Anyone in NYC tristate area know of RVM Racing Wheels and Accessories in Long Island.

I like these rims 18" chrome off ebay and was wondering if anyone here has been there or gotten rims from them. Im just worried about quality since they are so ridiculously cheap.
Old 10-05-2005, 10:18 PM

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
2012 CL63 2015 Tesla Model S 1963 Lincoln Continental conv 1975 Pontiac Grand Prix
I was actually just there yesterday. I looked at some Carlsson replicas they had, the rims were rediculously heavy and they "drill" the rims to fit each car shich makes me nervous of balance and shaking. If price is your only concern then they daefinetly have the best deal. I got a quote if 1600 for 20s with tires. However I am drving a 100k cl500 and couldnt justify getting such a low grade rim. BK is not far, you should take a trip there and check them out. I also was looking for a staggered set up and they didnt offer that. I am a contractor and I use a window manufacture right across the street so it was convienient here are the pix of the style tims I was looking at I wish they were staggered I would even get them for winter rims lol

Old 10-05-2005, 11:47 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'99 C230 K
well considering i drive a 14k '99 c230k im not too worried about minor problems. As long as their pricing is decent. My car is actually in jersey but its only an extra 30 mins away. Did you think the chrome finishes where good though, id hate to have them chip or crack after a month?
Old 10-05-2005, 11:55 PM

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
2012 CL63 2015 Tesla Model S 1963 Lincoln Continental conv 1975 Pontiac Grand Prix
yeah they seemed pretty good. I dont know much about rims but they were VERY heavy so maybe that means they are strong. you cant go wrong for the price! I am sure they must come with some type of Chrome warantee just call them up and ask they seemed cool when I was there. When you go talk to them about the site and that there might be many people looking for rims and maybe they can make up special pricing for the forum members
Old 08-04-2007, 12:12 PM

BEWARE "RVM racing" !!!

These guys are EXTREMELY DISHONEST!
I won an Ebay action for some wheels & tires.
I said I'd have FedEx pick up on my account,
but then they insisted they ship via UPS at the RVM’s inflated price of course...
So I paid them, they said they'd ship,
after a week I requested the tracking # for my wheels,
then they said "UPS lost them" and threatened to leave "worse feedback" if I left a negative.
I smelled a SCAM but gave the benefit of the doubt,
so I again requested tracking number, and STILL they did not provide and threatened again about feedback. I HAVE ALL THE EMAILS FROM THEM TO PROVE IT!
I called them, "Dean" who I spoke to I feel was LYING when he said he had no idea and had to check in to it, and he never did call back after my 2 calls there.
So I called UPS and was able to determine that NO packages addressed to me ever left RVM, nor was a tracking number ever created!
RVM lied because they decided to keep the wheels/tires that were mine and I PAID for! And to this date/time I have NOT received a refund!
Ebay dispute/complaint filed and Paypal dispute in process!

Read RVM Racing’s user ID is “dohccivicna1250” and READ the 52+ NEGATIVE feedbacks on Ebay, you’ll see they operate dishonestly and do not care about the customer = BUYER BEWARE!!!
and keep in mind they threaten to leave worse negative feedback in return so many burned buyers likely do not leave feedback about them.
Old 08-07-2007, 04:45 PM

08 Silver Lexus IS250 (manual),73 air cooled super beetle-- black 2004 230 ss is gone
Hey Duffman---did you ever check out the aftermarket shops on Route 46 in Bergen county. They're about 5 miles west of the GW bridge
Old 08-07-2007, 05:31 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
06 e55 amg and 05 CL65 amg
Action tires in lodi nj, is good.. Joe over there is an honest guy and they have good prices.