Wheels, Tires, Suspension & Brakes Forum Discuss wheels, tires, suspension and brakes for your Mercedes-Benz.
Need wheels & tires? Checkout the MBWorld Marketplace and support your forums!

Will H&R C32 Specific Springs Lower an 05+ C230WZ?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-28-2005, 12:31 PM
Super Moderator

Received 58 Likes on 16 Posts
2019 GT3 RS, 2017 M3 30 Jahre
Will H&R C32 Specific Springs Lower an 05+ C230WZ?

I posted this on the w203 forum, but I figure I may get some more response posting this here as well...

So, I also got a set of slightly used (3000 miles) H&R Springs made for the C32 AMG. Part number 29392. I'm contemplating whether I should buy the H&R Springs specific to my car or if I should just have these installed. I've called different places and I know they'll fit. However, the issue regarding the gap in the front wheel well is what's bothering me. Since I have STFF, I've found that all the C230 specific springs (from H&R and Eibach) have gaps in the front wheel well. I'm worried, and a few of the other places have noted that the front springs may be a problem b/c the spring rate and height was made for a heavier car.

But, one thing I thought of is that Renntech and Brabus both sell w203 springs with no specific car in mind. Are the spring rates on the H&R Springs that disparate?

Also, with the 05 and up suspension, will these springs not even make a difference to the ride height?

I refuse to cut coils, so I was thinking of just having these installed and seeing how they look, getting the H&R Springs, or just save up for Renntech springs...

Here are pics of the springs, they look pretty good to me still, but I wouldn't know how to look at them

But, one thing is, the bottoms of the middle springs look to be a little different from each other, is that normal?