Wheels, Tires, Suspension & Brakes Forum Discuss wheels, tires, suspension and brakes for your Mercedes-Benz.
Need wheels & tires? Checkout the MBWorld Marketplace and support your forums!

Zimmermann Brake Rotors

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-07-2006, 10:58 PM
RJC
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 186 Likes on 135 Posts
Zimmermann Brake Rotors

Is this a quality manufacturer?
Old 03-09-2006, 08:12 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by RJC
Bet your *** .
I've been running Zimmerman cross-drilled rotors for 2 years.
They are great.
Zimmerman is an OEM supplier ( based in Germany ), to many manufacturers.
Have a look at their site: http://www.otto-zimmermann.de/
Old 03-09-2006, 10:11 PM
RJC
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by meanie
Bet your *** .
I've been running Zimmerman cross-drilled rotors for 2 years.
They are great.
Zimmerman is an OEM supplier ( based in Germany ), to many manufacturers.
Have a look at their site: http://www.otto-zimmermann.de/
Thanks! Getting ready to replace the squealing rotors on my CLK500...I think they are Brembo's; I guess MB must have gotten a very large supply of these rotors that were just not up to spec which are creating the squealing that's been reported here by many on new cars.

Hope I have better luck with the Zimmies
Old 03-09-2006, 10:57 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 237 Likes on 184 Posts
R230 SL63 | W220 S55
I too heard good things about this manufacturer. Do they make rotors for an R129 SL600?
Old 03-10-2006, 03:02 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Mercedes
Originally Posted by RJC
Is this for the CLK500? where did you find them? I had to replace my rotors at less than 28,000 miles but I couldn't find anything but OEM parts. I'd rather have after market because they would probably last a lot longer.
Old 03-10-2006, 11:40 PM
RJC
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by Chi500
Is this for the CLK500? where did you find them? I had to replace my rotors at less than 28,000 miles but I couldn't find anything but OEM parts. I'd rather have after market because they would probably last a lot longer.
Here's the link:

www.autopartswarehouse.com

Front CLK500 rotor part #N1000-140856

The rotor came today; seems to be very high quality and from Germany (as also stated a few posts above). My stock rotors squealed like crazy and were replaced by the delaer several times and lastly only the passenger side still squealed but since MBUSA would no longer change the rotors (sometimes MB is a real pain to deal with) I took matters into my own hands and bought a new rotor and replaced it myself. Since the brake squeal has effected many late model MB's I believe (as does my tech at the dealership) MB got a very large quantity of slightly defective rotors which are causing the squeal . The part was only $109.27 including shipping and it came ups in one day! With a little direction from some on this forum it was a snap to install and I'll glady guide you through it if you need.

Last edited by RJC; 03-10-2006 at 11:43 PM.
Old 03-11-2006, 05:16 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Mercedes
Originally Posted by RJC
Here's the link:

www.autopartswarehouse.com

Front CLK500 rotor part #N1000-140856

The rotor came today; seems to be very high quality and from Germany (as also stated a few posts above). My stock rotors squealed like crazy and were replaced by the delaer several times and lastly only the passenger side still squealed but since MBUSA would no longer change the rotors (sometimes MB is a real pain to deal with) I took matters into my own hands and bought a new rotor and replaced it myself. Since the brake squeal has effected many late model MB's I believe (as does my tech at the dealership) MB got a very large quantity of slightly defective rotors which are causing the squeal . The part was only $109.27 including shipping and it came ups in one day! With a little direction from some on this forum it was a snap to install and I'll glady guide you through it if you need.
Thanks a lot! I actually already had my brakes done. I wish I found these zimmermans, it's a little cheaper than the OEM ones. As for installation is there a how to posted somewhere? I assume my rears are going to go soon.
Old 03-12-2006, 12:16 AM
RJC
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by Chi500
Thanks a lot! I actually already had my brakes done. I wish I found these zimmermans, it's a little cheaper than the OEM ones. As for installation is there a how to posted somewhere? I assume my rears are going to go soon.
https://mbworld.org/forums/showthrea...56#post1512356