Wheels, Tires, Suspension & Brakes Forum Discuss wheels, tires, suspension and brakes for your Mercedes-Benz.
Need wheels & tires? Checkout the MBWorld Marketplace and support your forums!

Brabus wheels and KW coils

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-30-2006, 08:41 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
W211 6 / E53 8
Brabus wheels and KW coils

Hey guys...

The Wheel Supply offered me a deal on a set of used Brabus Monoblock III 2 pcs wheels 20x9.5 all the way around with Nitto 555 (50% tread left) for around $3K. Wanted to get some input on if this is a good deal.

Also, they offered me a set of KW V2 coils for $1750 plus $225 for labor. I'm interested but the price for both the wheels and coils sound a lil harsh.

Any input is appreciated.
Old 03-30-2006, 10:31 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2 SL with every Brabus mods available & Class A competition sound system
Be careful with the fitment......not many Benz will fit the 20inch......What model Benz are you putting it on.......?? Have the wheel ever taking apart........?? If it is have to be careful with the air leak on the wheels...... 3K for the wheels are good price.......by the way Monoblock III are 3 pcs.....not 2 pcs.......those wheel cost over 7K when it new.......... good luck.......
Old 03-31-2006, 01:46 PM

W211 6 / E53 8
THanks for the input SL. My car is a W211 E320 and I believe these wheels came off a W210 E class. According to the shop that's selling it, fitment should be no problem. I'm not sure if they have been taken apart, but thank you for mentioning it, certainly a good question to ask before I purchase. I thought Mono III were 2 Pcs, but I guesss I could be wrong. Thanks again.

Originally Posted by SL BRABUS
Be careful with the fitment......not many Benz will fit the 20inch......What model Benz are you putting it on.......?? Have the wheel ever taking apart........?? If it is have to be careful with the air leak on the wheels...... 3K for the wheels are good price.......by the way Monoblock III are 3 pcs.....not 2 pcs.......those wheel cost over 7K when it new.......... good luck.......
Old 04-06-2006, 04:37 PM

2001 MBZ S430
20x9.5 is an extremely strong fitment on the front of a W211. I would recommend against it no matter how sweet the deal sounds. When lowering your vehicle. the possibility of the 20x9.5 causing problems only increases.

Also, being that those wheels have some age to them (been out of the market place for quite a few years now), the chances that they have been reconditioned and taken apart a time or two is not out of the question.

Just some personal insight.
Old 04-25-2006, 09:19 PM
Banned

one fast skateboard :)
Originally Posted by AutoFreak
Hey guys...

The Wheel Supply offered me a deal on a set of used Brabus Monoblock III 2 pcs wheels 20x9.5 all the way around with Nitto 555 (50% tread left) for around $3K. Wanted to get some input on if this is a good deal.

Also, they offered me a set of KW V2 coils for $1750 plus $225 for labor. I'm interested but the price for both the wheels and coils sound a lil harsh.

Any input is appreciated.
got any picture of the car? i would love to see a 211 with a monoblock 3
Old 05-15-2006, 02:32 PM
Almost a Member!

Caution!!! Choppy Ride & Turtle like Accelation

As much as I can imagine how nice it would look on you Benz, the thought of the ride/handling and diminishing power and MPG is terrifying.

You are basically looking at around 15-20 lbs of unsprung weight per corner. There 20 inches weight around 35lb each with tires will weight any where from 5-10 lbs per corner. So assuming you currently have 16's on, just the weight of the 20 inches will weight as much as your tire/rim per corner.

Scary, because when I had 18's Carlsson installed on my A6 2.7 my 0-60 slowed by .6sec and I can feel a difference in ride and handling as well, not to mentioni MPG degrade on 1.5mpg on average.

So you do have to weigh what is more import to you. Good luck.

After so many attempt with finding best look vs all other compromises, my current set up is lightweight BBS forged 19 staggered with Carlsson Coilover set as softest setting and ride height with tires that barely clear the fender and never under it.