Wheels, Tires, Suspension & Brakes Forum Discuss wheels, tires, suspension and brakes for your Mercedes-Benz.
Need wheels & tires? Checkout the MBWorld Marketplace and support your forums!

Brabus fitment questions

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-13-2006, 12:45 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
NEW 08' M6 CAB, 06' 997 911 CS CAB, 09' RX350 AWD, 10' E350 4M, 10' Range Rover; FS: 04' C32 AMG= FS
Brabus fitment questions

hey guys,
bought a set of used original 18" brabus monoblock VIs from a member on this forum. Just FYI: besides some curb damage he swears the rims are not bent or have ever been repaired or anything like that..

my question is that i installed these wheels on my 04' C32 fitted on TOYO T1R 225/40 and 255/35 tires. but i used the bolts from my original C32 AMG type IV 17" wheels. NOW THE WIERD THING IS Out of all 4 wheels i only have noise coming from the rear drivers side. sounds like a ticking noise of some sort. i know its not the tires rubbing b/c ive experienced that sound before. its like a chirp and obviously increases rate as i accelerate. WHAT could it be :

1 - lugs are comepletely different sizes/lenght? AND should be changed immediately (does anyone know what size lugs or where to buy from)

2 - rims bent (but shouldnt the shop have told me that when they balanced it)

3 - spacers needed but i heard i can do without these.

4 - any other SUGGESTIONS

also, if one of these is the solution why wouldnt all 4 wheels make the noise? im assuming it has to be a messed up rim or so, but i hope not for the members/sellers sake!. The shop didnt mention anything about bent wheels and said the noise is coming from the dust cover that blocks dust from coming on the disc brakes or whatever that metal thing is called. it was coming from both rears but they punched out the cover on the passenger side now thats OKAY but after multiple attempts it still comes from the drivers SIDE.

YOUR HELP IS MUCH APPRECIATED - Adam

Last edited by AdaMBombC32G; 07-13-2006 at 12:56 PM.
Old 07-17-2006, 07:28 PM

NEW 08' M6 CAB, 06' 997 911 CS CAB, 09' RX350 AWD, 10' E350 4M, 10' Range Rover; FS: 04' C32 AMG= FS
someone please help me out with this problem.

do i just need an alignment possibly?
Old 07-20-2006, 12:05 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
01' CLK55
Originally Posted by AdaMBombC32G
someone please help me out with this problem.

do i just need an alignment possibly?

the "clicking" noise you are hearing from your driver's side rear is the lug bolt hitting your e-brake every time the wheels goes around. If you don't fix this problem quickly, you will ruin your e-brake, and a $2.00 problem will turn into one that costs hundreds.

hope this helps.
Old 07-20-2006, 09:52 AM

thanks for your help CLKAL

Originally Posted by clkal
the "clicking" noise you are hearing from your driver's side rear is the lug bolt hitting your e-brake every time the wheels goes around. If you don't fix this problem quickly, you will ruin your e-brake, and a $2.00 problem will turn into one that costs hundreds.

hope this helps.
so basically i need new lugs? do you or anyone know what the recomended sizes are fo these lugs? i called BRABUS and they had the audactiy to charge $100 per wheel for spacer and lugs. DO THEY THINK IM RETARTED? and is it only making noise on that side b/c thats the only place where the e-brake is?

thanks