Wheels, Tires, Suspension & Brakes Forum Discuss wheels, tires, suspension and brakes for your Mercedes-Benz.
Need wheels & tires? Checkout the MBWorld Marketplace and support your forums!

Falken RT-615

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-19-2006, 02:08 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Falken RT-615

I'm interested in the Falken RT-615 for my C55, but am wondering how much of an issue the sizing is (i.e. ratio of 40 vs 35 in the rear) since they don't make them in the stock sizes? What are the consequences of using this tire? I've heard that it could lead to inaccuracies with respect to the speedometer etc, but will there be any detrimental effects? Thx

Also, what are some of the other tires that are similar to this one that you recommend.
Old 07-22-2006, 04:51 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
i'm using RT-615 with 245/40R18 in the rear without any problems. I've noticed significant increase in grip. I autox my car and it has helped substantially and I highly recommend the RT-615 even though the rear size is not the recommended size. I have not seen any problems and the car has plenty of torque to compensate for the slightly larger size.

good luck.

Originally Posted by 2QUIK4U
I'm interested in the Falken RT-615 for my C55, but am wondering how much of an issue the sizing is (i.e. ratio of 40 vs 35 in the rear) since they don't make them in the stock sizes? What are the consequences of using this tire? I've heard that it could lead to inaccuracies with respect to the speedometer etc, but will there be any detrimental effects? Thx

Also, what are some of the other tires that are similar to this one that you recommend.