Wheels, Tires, Suspension & Brakes Forum Discuss wheels, tires, suspension and brakes for your Mercedes-Benz.
Need wheels & tires? Checkout the MBWorld Marketplace and support your forums!

Question for LUKE-CLK500 Winter Wheels/Tires

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-10-2006, 05:26 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question for LUKE-CLK500 Winter Wheels/Tires

Luke, I have called Tirerack a couple of times looking for wheels for my 05 CLK500 non-sport package. I wanted this for a winter package and wanted to have all four wheels the same size. Since they were winter wheels, cost is a concern. I tried the website and it only gave me 4 options all AMG wheels. I think it is because the system cannot do staggered wheels. So I call TIRERACK. For 17" wheels Connor recommended the ASA ST4. I called back and this time got Alex who said these wheels wouldn't fit the CLK500. So I'm not sure who is right. Since I'm sure these guys deal with so many cars, they can't be experts on everything. I tried to call you but got voicemail, so I posted this for the other members' benefit as well. . Which 17" wheels would fit on the 05 CLK500 without mods or spacers? How about the ASA JH3 and JH5. You seem to deal with a lot of MB's so perhaps you can clear things up.

Also any recommendations for winter tires? I live in Northern NJ so we get some decent snow.
Old 10-11-2006, 08:39 AM
TR Moderator & Tire God

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
depends on the weather
You could run the ASA ST4 wheels on your CLK in 18" but, not 17" .... and a 17" wheel and tire package would perform better in the wintery conditions.

call me and if you get my voice mail leave me a number to call you back ...

here's what I would run given your situation
225/45R17 Bridgestone Blizzak LM25
17X8 OZ Racing Ultraleggera
on all four corners