Wheels, Tires, Suspension & Brakes Forum Discuss wheels, tires, suspension and brakes for your Mercedes-Benz.
Need wheels & tires? Checkout the MBWorld Marketplace and support your forums!

How good are Pirelli P-Zero Russo?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-22-2001, 02:01 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2010 Prius & Miata MX5 PRHT, 2010 Toyota Venza AWD, 05 C55 AMG, Yamaha 1100 Custom, Honda 250 Reflex
Question How good are Pirelli P-Zero Russo?

Took delivery of my 2002 SLK32 last night and found that it was equipped with Pirelli P-Zero Russo. While I have still the option to exhange them for either Michelin Pilot Sports or Bridgestone S03s. I would appreciate any feedback from those who have experience/comments on P-Zero Russo tires.

I get mixed comments so far about Pirellis in general and have read the ratings on Tirerack.com, but I have found the tires to be comfortable and have lower tire/road noise compare to our C320 with Michelin Pilot Sports.

TIA for your advice.
Old 12-22-2001, 12:16 PM
TR Moderator & Tire God

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
depends on the weather
The P-Zero Rosso tires are actually quite good they offer good ride quality and perfromance. The Pilot sports do offer a little more performance but sacrifice ride quality to achieve the added performance. I think that you will be very happy with them on your roadster. I wouldn't change

Luke
Old 12-22-2001, 06:11 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2010 Prius & Miata MX5 PRHT, 2010 Toyota Venza AWD, 05 C55 AMG, Yamaha 1100 Custom, Honda 250 Reflex
Smile Thanks for your reply, Luke. I have another related question.....

My SLK32 is equipped with 225/45 ZR x 17 (front) and 245/40 R x 17 (rear).

Would like to install a 255/40 ZR x 17 to replace the OEM rear tires (same brand, Pirelli P-Zer Russo). I noticed that the overall diameter (and circumference) of the 255s is a closer match to the 225s in front. Also, the larger cross section at the rear will improve the looks of the car.

Offhand, I expect the change to induce a bit more understeer on initial turn-in, but should help reduce oversteering when powering out of a corner. Will there be any adverse effects to my changing the rear tires?

My guess is it should not cause any concerns during normal driving. TIA for your advice and comments.