Wheels, Tires, Suspension & Brakes Forum Discuss wheels, tires, suspension and brakes for your Mercedes-Benz.
Need wheels & tires? Checkout the MBWorld Marketplace and support your forums!

Conti Sports vs. Bridgestone Blizzaks

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-30-2006, 04:08 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2007 C230 Sport manual
Conti Sports vs. Bridgestone Blizzaks

I have bought my first set of winter tires for my C230 SS. My summer tires are the Conti Sport Contacs which came with the car.....It is kind of mild in NY/NJ area to date, so I have not had the full benefit of cold weather driving.

But, it is very interesting the different feel on roads in conditions over 45F. When I turn in on a curve at speed, I can feel the tires sort of "rolling" a little bit. That is the best way I can describe it....it does not feel like the car has lost grip, but rather like it has more grip, but kind of rolling.

I wonder if anyone has had this experience, and if anyone has any idea if this is akin to what racers feel using different types of tires. Personally, I think it is kind of cool, and would like to find a location to experiment a little bit.
Old 12-05-2006, 10:34 AM
TR Moderator & Tire God

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
depends on the weather
your summer tires start loosing their grip at about 40-45 degrees so, even in the dry when it's cold the dedicated winter tires will offer more grip
Old 12-06-2006, 11:41 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2007 C230 Sport manual
Originally Posted by Luke@tirerack
your summer tires start loosing their grip at about 40-45 degrees so, even in the dry when it's cold the dedicated winter tires will offer more grip
I know...I presume you responded as you felt badly that I made a goofy observation. But, is the "roll" I feel in a turn due to the softness of the tire? Or the nature of the tread pattern? I am just curious, as it is an interesting driving experience in warmer weather.