Wheels, Tires, Suspension & Brakes Forum Discuss wheels, tires, suspension and brakes for your Mercedes-Benz.
Need wheels & tires? Checkout the MBWorld Marketplace and support your forums!

Local Installer

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-14-2007, 11:28 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2015 BMW 640ix GC (Ruby Black)
Local Installer

I've searched back to the beginning of '06 and didn't find a thread on this topic, so thought I'd ask. If this question isn't appropriate for this area, my apologies.

I've bought from TireRack before, for my M5. Tire/wheels shipped to my home, I put them on myself, etc. Very happy, no problems.

I'm now getting a new MB E-Class (boat SHOULD have docked two days ago) and need winter wheels & tires. However, I'm older now and do NOT want to shlep (schlep?) these around my garage and install them. I realize that there are Local Installers for tires/wheels purchased from TireRack; am I correct in inferring that at least in theory you can have the packages shipped direct to a one of them? If so, what have been people's experiences? Are the installers reluctant to do the work if you haven't bought the tires from them? Do they treat you like second-class citizens? Can you order from TireRack through them? Yes I know they've AGREED to do this kind of work but I'm not in any mood to fight with them, if you know what I mean.

I've looked at some installers in my area (NW Nassau County, NY) and read a couple of reviews but am reluctant to order from TR and have them shipped without at least giving the installer a heads-up. Any specific recommendations (or NOT) for installers in my area?

Thanks in advance for any pointers.

Norman
Old 02-14-2007, 03:33 PM
TR Moderator & Tire God

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
depends on the weather
Everybody on our recommended installer list will be happy to assist you. When your order is placed I will send them a fax letting them know what is being shipped to them and who the products are for and the services they will need to perform.