Wheels, Tires, Suspension & Brakes Forum Discuss wheels, tires, suspension and brakes for your Mercedes-Benz.
Need wheels & tires? Checkout the MBWorld Marketplace and support your forums!

Question for Luke - slightly oversized tires for CLK

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-24-2007, 03:34 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CLK 550
Question for Luke - slightly oversized tires for CLK

It's time to replace the tires on my CLK. I'm running 235/40/18 on 18x8.5s up front and 265/35/18 on 18x10s in the back. I currently have Bridgestone Potenza RE750s, but I am looking to upgrade.

I know the recommended config is 225s in the front and 255s in the back, but I want to stick with my current tire dimensions, so I'm trying to get a feel for which tires have more rounded profiles so I can avoid any rubbing issues.

In the past, I've run Yoko AVS ES100s in addition to the Potenzas. I had slight rubbing issues up front with the Yokohamas (which by the way were very loud), but never any issues with the Bridgestones.

I'm currenly considering the Bridgestone S-03s, Goodyear FS1-GD3s, Michelin PS2s, BF Goodrich g-Force T/A KDW 2s, Yokohama ADVAN Sports and Pirelli PZero Neros. My primary concerns are ride quality, road noise and then performance. But above that, my chief concern is a rounded sidewall so there is no rubbing.

What do you recommend ? Thanks in advance...
Old 02-26-2007, 08:19 AM
TR Moderator & Tire God

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
depends on the weather
the Goodyear FS1-GD3 have a pretty rounded profile so does the Firestone Wide Oval