Wheels, Tires, Suspension & Brakes Forum Discuss wheels, tires, suspension and brakes for your Mercedes-Benz.
Need wheels & tires? Checkout the MBWorld Marketplace and support your forums!

SL55 Tire Question

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-08-2007, 08:48 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2006 SL55 AMG
SL55 Tire Question

Just got a 2006 SL55 AMG. I was wondering what I should do about tires. I live in Chicago, so the weather is not great. I don't really plan on driving in lots of snow, but I am also not really concerned with high performance. The car is not modded and I don't race, drag or do time trials. The car will be driven for basic city and highway duty. I am wondering if I should switch to all season tires or something else that may be more appropriate than a high performance tire.
Old 03-11-2007, 11:12 PM

2006 SL55 AMG
Thinking Pilot Sport A/S - from what I read, it should pack plenty of performance and also give me longer wear.
Old 03-12-2007, 03:32 AM

2003 C32
I had those on my car - lots of snow in Seattle this winter, those all seasons were practically useless. Better to get a dedicated set of winter tires if you want to drive in anything more than light snow (> 2") otherwise, be prepared to toggle cold/winter mode and tap lightly. Forget about any slope or hills.