Wheels, Tires, Suspension & Brakes Forum Discuss wheels, tires, suspension and brakes for your Mercedes-Benz.
Need wheels & tires? Checkout the MBWorld Marketplace and support your forums!

Do I need an alignment?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-08-2002, 02:37 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Do I need an alignment?

I had a full Kleemann suspension installed on my E55 just recently and had the car aligned after the installation. I was running #3 pads front and rear.

I've now gone to a #1 pad only in the rear. Do I need to get another alignment or is this such a small change that it's not necessary?

Thanks.
Old 10-18-2002, 08:37 PM

99 C43 AMG & 2008 Corvette 1LT Z51 LS3
anytime you change the ride height of the car the alignment should be checked. If the steering wheel is still straight while you are driving, then I wouldn't worry about it too much. The change of alignment does not get effected enough to cause problems with that small of a change.
Old 10-19-2002, 12:47 AM

2001 C240 6spd
Re: Do I need an alignment?

Originally posted by 2Mercs
I had a full Kleemann suspension installed on my E55 just recently and had the car aligned after the installation. I was running #3 pads front and rear.

I've now gone to a #1 pad only in the rear. Do I need to get another alignment or is this such a small change that it's not necessary?

Thanks.
2Mercs,

How much of a difference do you notice between the Kleemann suspension vs the stock AMG suspension?

Scott