Wheels, Tires, Suspension & Brakes Forum Discuss wheels, tires, suspension and brakes for your Mercedes-Benz.
Need wheels & tires? Checkout the MBWorld Marketplace and support your forums!

Mixing Tires

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-02-2007, 08:54 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
2004 CLK320
Mixing Tires

As I was cleaning my winter tires.wheels for storage, I noticed that while the front tires were in very good condition, the rear ones were almost finished.

I drive a 2004 Mercedes CLK320 and my winter tires are Pirelli Winter 210 with sizes: Front: 205-55-16 and Rear: 225-50-16. I checked a few tires sites and many of them (including TireRack) do not carry 225-50-16 of this tire.

I posted similar question before and the respond was it would not be a good idea to mix tires of different manufacturers.

So, if I cannot find 2 of these Pirelli-210 tires in the coming winter, what are my options?
Old 06-02-2007, 11:21 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
'03 SL55
Hmmm, I'd want the two front tires to match each other. Ditto for the rear tires matching each other. But I don't see a problem if the fronts and rears are different.

Right now I'm running Nitto NT555R2s on the rear along with the stock Pirelli Pzero Rossos on the front. I'll eventually swap out the Rossos but haven't decided what to buy yet. However it won't be NT555R2s because Nitto doesn't have a size that will fit.

I'm having no issues and can't imagine you would, either.

Good luck!