Wheels, Tires, Suspension & Brakes Forum Discuss wheels, tires, suspension and brakes for your Mercedes-Benz.
Need wheels & tires? Checkout the MBWorld Marketplace and support your forums!

HELP!!! 18" Asanti's

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-12-2007, 08:03 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2007 CLS550 (Dad's) 2007 Hummer H2 (Mine)
HELP!!! 18" Asanti's

Okay. Long story. I guess I should introduce myself as this is my first post. I'm Josh, and my dad has a 2007 CLS550. Back in May he bought a set of Asanti AF132s in stock size and put them on stock rubber. They were fine for about a week, and then the entire car started to vibrate at speed. My dad took it back to the shop. They proceeded to test them for roundness and found one was out of round so they returned it and got a whole new wheel. They put them back on the car and it was fine for a few days and then started vibrating again. So the guys said it can't be the wheels, they've been tested, it must be the tires. So my dad got new tires, and they were vibrating like crazy, so then he found out that Tire Kingdom had given him a tire that Merecedes has said to never put on the CLS. So my dad got new tires put on just last week, had the wheels tested again, and got a front wheel alignment to fix a slight pull to the right. This was on Monday. He's driven it since then saying it's as good as ever, then comes home tonight and tells me to take the car to the shop tomorrow and have them put his new tires on his old stock wheels. I don't want that, as much as I like his stock wheels, the Asantis are beautiful. So does anybody have any idea what it might be? I'm about to take the car out now and get it up to some speed to see if maybe it's al in his head, because both the wheels and tires have been tested and promised to be 100% fine. But if it is still vibrating, any ideas? I don't know a whole lot about the car or these wheels and tires. So sorry for the big long story with a question as my first post. The wheels are 18" Asanti AF132s, and the tires are Michelin Pilot Sports. Thanks a ton for any help, wanted to get this out there before he makes me return the wheels tomorrow. Josh.
Old 07-13-2007, 08:16 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
911's and beyond
go with some upgraded AMG's and thats it CLS will look nice with 18 or 19' stock wheels but if your going aftermarket go with at least 20's its only my opinion the car probably looks kind of funny with such small asantis. anyway i believe your father is making the right decision
Old 07-14-2007, 11:13 PM

2007 CLS550 (Dad's) 2007 Hummer H2 (Mine)
Well I drove the car and didn't feel a thing. So I ended up talking him out of it and got him to keep the wheels.
Old 07-14-2007, 11:35 PM

05 CL65AMG / 00 BMW M5
Just a thought but double check that the lug bolts are the correct lenght for the after market wheels.
Old 07-22-2007, 11:33 PM

Maybe They Didnt Install The Correct Hubrings, I Doubt That The Centers Were Machined With A Hubcentric Hub Bore.or Have Them Check The Runout On The Inner And Outer Of The Asanti Wheel With Out The Tire On It.