Wheels, Tires, Suspension & Brakes Forum Discuss wheels, tires, suspension and brakes for your Mercedes-Benz.
Need wheels & tires? Checkout the MBWorld Marketplace and support your forums!

Wheels touching coilovers

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-15-2007, 10:36 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2003 Ford F350-gone 2002 Mercedes C200 Kompressor 1998 Suzuki Vitara 1995 Mercedes C180-sold
Wheels touching coilovers

Hi I have finally got around to fitting my h&rs to my W203 but my Brabus replicas are touching them on the front. the wheels are 18", not 100% sure of the offset.
Does anyone know what size spacers I should get? I dont want to go too wide unless I really have to, and ideally I would like to push the back out evenly, is this possible or will it throw the rear offset out too much?
Also, with spacers should i opt for larger stud bolts? And last, would the short distance the car travelled with the wheels scraping have caused significant damage to the wheels or suspension?
thanks, phil
Old 08-15-2007, 09:04 PM

2006 C350 Sport
I just had a similar issue with my C350 in the front, H&R fit perfectly with the factory wheels, but I couldn't even get my 1/5 Carlsson's to get on the car, with my wheels I had to go to a 16mm spacer in the front and although the rear had no issues I've ordered a set of 12mm for the back to even the looks. I know in my case the issue is with the wheel ofset (40), find out what the ofset on your wheels are first , you might be ok with a 12 or 10 mm spacer, and yes you should get longer bolts for the car, I went up to a 50 mm in the front and 45mm in the rear, the bolt lenght is mached with the ofset and the spacers.
Old 08-16-2007, 07:17 AM

2003 Ford F350-gone 2002 Mercedes C200 Kompressor 1998 Suzuki Vitara 1995 Mercedes C180-sold
Thanks for that mate, I had the car towed to the local tyre shop today, and all is good! They fitted spacers on the front, not sure how wide as they didnt charge me so I didnt ask too many questions, but they fit perfect and they look awsome pushed out a touch. Next on the list is to push the rear out to match. They did mention that the stud bolts are ok but ideally should be the longer ones, unfortunatelly I sold the full set of bolts with the old wheels on Tuesday!!!! The tyre guy told me something interesting though, the 18's on the car run a 35 offset, should be spot on as far as I thought I knew but according to him, the correct offset should be no more than 32 on an 18" wheel, bolt on, no spacers.
Anyhow thanks for your help, I'm happy it was a happy ending and no damage to the struts.
Slightly off subject but do you know an easy way to adjust the rear suspension, the adjusters ure tucked up too high to adjust easily?
Old 08-16-2007, 11:58 AM

2006 C350 Sport
I don't think there is a easier war to adjust the rear, I could be wrong though, glad everything worked out for you, cheers