Wheels, Tires, Suspension & Brakes Forum Discuss wheels, tires, suspension and brakes for your Mercedes-Benz.
Need wheels & tires? Checkout the MBWorld Marketplace and support your forums!

Tire Rack HArdware Question for Luke

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-24-2007, 04:01 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
04 S430 (sold),05 X5 4.4i, 02 325i, 87 560SL, 85 Alfa Romeo
Tire Rack HArdware Question for Luke

Luke,

I just received a set of 20" ST4's for my S430. They came with cone seat lug bolts. Are these correct? I was thinking they should be ball seat. My lock os ball and it fits.

Please advise...
Old 09-25-2007, 10:43 AM
TR Moderator & Tire God

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
depends on the weather
the ST4 does run a cone seat lug bolt .... your ball seat locks should not be used with those wheels .... and next time you call in to order something I would appreciate it if you would ask for me ... did you get rid of the CLK ?
Old 09-25-2007, 03:31 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
04 S430 (sold),05 X5 4.4i, 02 325i, 87 560SL, 85 Alfa Romeo
Originally Posted by Luke@tirerack
the ST4 does run a cone seat lug bolt .... your ball seat locks should not be used with those wheels .... and next time you call in to order something I would appreciate it if you would ask for me ... did you get rid of the CLK ?
Yes I did. After the summer was over and it was back to trips to home depot, the convertible wasn't working for me I should have kept it though because it was really a hot car and of course I lost my A@# because I only had it a few months ,,, Oh well,, next time.

I actually did ask for you but I guess you were on the phone or something and the guy I spoke just kept on insisting he could help me. I actually almost pulled the plug on my order because I didn't like what he told me about aftermarket hubcentric wheels for Mercedes cars, but I knew better, so I got the wheels anyway. I like how they use the metal centering ring.. that was a big concern of mine...

Not to worry, I'll be getting the staggered for the rear after the winter is over and I'll give you a call.

Thanks for the info on the lugs.