Wheels, Tires, Suspension & Brakes Forum Discuss wheels, tires, suspension and brakes for your Mercedes-Benz.
Need wheels & tires? Checkout the MBWorld Marketplace and support your forums!

Wheel Theft and Teleaid

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-31-2002, 04:36 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
E320
Wheel Theft and Teleaid

Will Teleaid and the car alarm go off if someone tries to steal the wheels on a C320? I read someone on here (I think) that Teleaid won't go off. If that's the case what should one do to prevent wheel theft (besides the obvous wheel nut).
Old 10-31-2002, 05:10 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!
Veteran: Air Force

Received 198 Likes on 156 Posts
2016 GLE63s / 2016 E63s / 2002 E55
Two weeks I was changing one rim with the doors locked. I forgot to open the car. When I put the car down on the ground the motion from letting the car down - the alarm went off. The alarm did not do off during the jacking up and when I put it down I was not careful and did not ease the car down so the car shook a little when I let the jack pressure out too quick. I then got a call from Mercedes about the alarm signal.

I previously posted about a guy who had all his CL55 rims stolen in the middle of the night in his driveway. He mentioned that he did get a call from Mercedes and he did not awake to take it. He states that it was better that he did not know the theives were in his driveway because someone would have been shot.