Wheels, Tires, Suspension & Brakes Forum Discuss wheels, tires, suspension and brakes for your Mercedes-Benz.
Need wheels & tires? Checkout the MBWorld Marketplace and support your forums!

Wheel Repair in SoCal?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-28-2007, 02:13 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wheel Repair in SoCal?

I have a 2006 SLK 55 AMG and one front and one rear wheel were curbed pretty bad. They aren't bent, just scraped pretty bad. I am looking for a reputable wheel repair shop in either Orange County or Pasadena area. Anybody have any suggestions? A referrence goes a long way when I am looking for repairs.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Andy
Old 11-02-2007, 03:27 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Mercedes Benz
Do NOT use Complete Custom Wheel Refinishing in North Hollywood

Originally Posted by Catchmefucan
I have a 2006 SLK 55 AMG and one front and one rear wheel were curbed pretty bad. They aren't bent, just scraped pretty bad. I am looking for a reputable wheel repair shop in either Orange County or Pasadena area. Anybody have any suggestions? A referrence goes a long way when I am looking for repairs.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Andy
Do NOT go to complete custom wheel refinishing in North Hollywood.

I had a terrible time with them. I had 2 wheels re-finished for an AMG Mercedes and after the first round the wheels were totally mismatched and the paint chipped off the second the they installed them on the car (in their driveway).

When I came back asking for them to fix the flaking paint I also commented that the wheels were colored improperly and they were 4 different shades of blue on each wheel. At that point I was told it is impossible to match the AMG color and that I would have to re-finish all 4 wheels Porsche Silver to get an even finish (at my cost). I tried to get them to re-finish the wheels at their cost because he never told me the color would be blue and that the paint would chip in 10 minutes but he 100% refused to eat the cost of making all 4 wheels match.

So I paid another 800 bucks to get all 4 wheels painted one color and they seemed pretty nice.

The finish was pretty and it was very nice UNTIL two weeks later when the paint again started chipping off. I ignored it for a couple months as I was to busy and I was told I had a 6 month warranty. So when I went back I asked for them to be fixed and I was told the warranty had expired and I had to pay to get them re-finished. His good deal price to fix the wheels was still more than the retail cost at other well known re-finishing locations.

At that point just went and got new wheels and called it a day. Their customer service was absolute garbage and the quality on their re-finished wheels was equally as terrible.

Just buy 2 new wheels. Its the only way to get a nice finish and matching paint.

I have a friend who works for an MB competitor and he specializes is paint and wheel finishes. He says that the MB wheels are actually simply amazing on their finishes and that its impossible to ever refinish a wheel to being like new once it has left the factory.