Wheels, Tires, Suspension & Brakes Forum Discuss wheels, tires, suspension and brakes for your Mercedes-Benz.
Need wheels & tires? Checkout the MBWorld Marketplace and support your forums!

Goodyear Eagle F1 All Season's?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-02-2007, 11:03 AM
Super Moderator

Received 58 Likes on 24 Posts
2007 C230SS; 2014 ML350 BT
Goodyear Eagle F1 All Season's?

Anyone tried these newer Ultra High Performance All Season tires? I have an 07 C230 and the rear Michelin Pilot Primacy's are just about shot and I am looking for a good replacement.

I live in the Pacific NW and drive the car all year round, and am looking for the best tire for all the seasons here. If it snows, or has any chance of snow, the car will stay in the garage, so I don't need snow or ice traction. But, the temps in the winter time range from 20-50 degrees, so I am nervous about running a full summer tire, like the Michelin PS2's (Which would be my 1st choice).

My preferences for a tire range like this:

1)Wet performance
2)Quiet ride
3)Dry performance
4)Price

Based on those preferences the Goodyear F1 A/S look like a good choice.

What do you guys think?
Old 12-02-2007, 10:38 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
BENZ
Hrmmm an all season version of the F1s... Well i've had a set of the regular ones and wow... I wouldn't mind using them all year long... I had low profile tires so not only did my initial turning response go up, my grip did as well... These tires are made of great rubbers... ;D... Neways uhhh yeah they were great in the rain also... And also quiet...
Old 12-03-2007, 09:34 AM
Super Moderator

Received 58 Likes on 24 Posts
2007 C230SS; 2014 ML350 BT
Originally Posted by BrianKim
Hrmmm an all season version of the F1s... Well i've had a set of the regular ones and wow... I wouldn't mind using them all year long... I had low profile tires so not only did my initial turning response go up, my grip did as well... These tires are made of great rubbers... ;D... Neways uhhh yeah they were great in the rain also... And also quiet...
Yeah, my buddy has the F1 GS-D3's on his 3 series Bimmer, and they are fantastic on his car. I think I will give the all-seasons a try. They tested very well at Tirerack. They just give up just a little in utimate dry handling. I can live with that, to be able to drive them year round. They still look pretty sexy too

Old 12-04-2007, 03:12 AM
Almost a Member!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
c220
F1s are good set of tires. it hugs the road regardless its condition. thats as for my experience.
Old 12-04-2007, 10:01 AM

Received 99 Likes on 58 Posts
18 E63s Wagon 15 GL63 (sold), 10 Turbo TT MT, A36 Bonanza, 20 JLU Rubicon
I have the PS2s ... love them .. but!! do not get caught in the snow... they are beyond useless (and I have a 4 matic)

I had gotten excited and put them on my car early last spring.. we had a late dusting to snow... couldn't get the car out of a parking spot on the street! all 4 wheels spun like ice donuts.

as far as all other aspects of driving.. they are awesome.. but be sure to buy the insurance from tire rack if you are using lowprofile... they have soft sidewalls..