Wheels, Tires, Suspension & Brakes Forum Discuss wheels, tires, suspension and brakes for your Mercedes-Benz.
Need wheels & tires? Checkout the MBWorld Marketplace and support your forums!

Eric... How are your Kumhos?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-12-2002, 11:09 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2000 CLK 320
Eric... How are your Kumhos?

Hey Eric,

I read that you got Kumho's on your car. How are they? I need replacement tires for my 18" and i was looking into those. Thanks..

Frank
Old 11-13-2002, 10:17 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2001 C240 6spd
Frank,

Just another opinion on the Kumho's. I got the Ecsta 712 for my C240 - 225/45x17 FA and 245/40x16 RA. For the most part, I am happy with them. I had Conti SC on originally. The Kumho's seem to ride a little harder/maybe stiffer side wall. They are a bit noisier - especially on rough/uneven roads. Handling is pretty good and also good in the wet. I have mine inflated to 34psi all the way around - I had them at 36psi - it was alot rougher ride - 34psi seems like a good compromise. I have about 1500 miles on them now. Cant say much about wear yet - and cant rotate because of the staggered set up. For the price, they are good tires.

Scott
Old 11-13-2002, 06:34 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2000 CLK430
When i took my 18" AMG rims off to sell them (they also had Kumho tires), i realized that i wasnt as happy with them as i thought. On the front, the, both the innermost and outermost 3/4 of an inch were wearing badly. On the rear, the innermost 3/4 was also worn badly. Yes my car was properly alined, and i was running more than enough air (38 and 40, A LOT!!!). There is no reason they should wear like this. I had already ordered my new rims and tires when i realized this, so im using Kumhos right now. In regards to performance, noise, and price, they are fine, but they dont last worth a damn for a 300 treadwear tire. This will be my last set of kumhos.......

Eric

ps.- its not my car, same thing is happening on my dads Mercedes with Kumho tires, also properly alined and inflated.....