Wheels, Tires, Suspension & Brakes Forum Discuss wheels, tires, suspension and brakes for your Mercedes-Benz.
Need wheels & tires? Checkout the MBWorld Marketplace and support your forums!

Koni Fsd!??

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-20-2007, 12:02 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
'08 CLK320CDI AMG// '13 E500 Coupe AMG// '17 E350d AMG
Koni Fsd!??

Hi guys,

Any one here using Koni FSD?
What do you think about the ride?

http://www.koni-na.com/fsd/
http://www.tirerack.com/suspension/s...FSD+Damper+Set

I read somewhere that with FSD its not possible to use eibach pro-kit, but Tire Racks is selling a pack!!?
http://www.tirerack.com/suspension/s...et+%26+Springs

I want to use it on my CL203 sport coupe, and its for city use, its a good set up?

Thanks
Old 12-22-2007, 08:47 AM
TR Moderator & Tire God

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
depends on the weather
finally ... I have opend this thread about a dozen times ready to answer it but, have been side tracked every single time.

When the FSD system first came out Koni did not want it used with lowering springs because of the added spring rate. Engineers at Koni and Eibach teamed up and after extensive research and development they made some internal changes to the FSD dampers and now offer a FSD/Eibach system which works phenominally well.

Last edited by Luke@tirerack; 12-26-2007 at 05:31 PM.
Old 12-22-2007, 09:26 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by Luke@tirerack
finally ... I ahve opend this thread about a dozen times ready to answer it but, have been side tracked every single time.

When the FSD system first came out Koni did not want it used with lowering springs because of the added spring rate. Engineers at Koni and Eibach teamed up and after extensive research and development they made some internal changes to the FSD dampers and now offer a FSD/Eibach system which works phenominally well.
Good news thanks

But I have a question, If I buy a set of koni FSD and want the eibach springs, it sould be ordered with the shocks or they can be bought separatly!?
Old 12-26-2007, 05:14 PM
TR Moderator & Tire God

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
depends on the weather
the springs are the Eibach Pro-kit and can be ordered seperately or together
Old 02-21-2008, 10:01 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

I have a problem and hopping you can help me,

I installed Koni FSD and eibach pro-kit springs and when ordering the koni FSD I specifically said that I will use the FSD with lower springs, and they said OK (I'm a friend of the koni dealer of my area)

When I was installing the suspension I noticed a problem, my stock shock was shorter than the new FSD by 8cm!!! I called my Koni dealer and they called the koni importer and sayed that Koni FSD will work fine, and so I installed them.

Now I have the car almost at the same height at front!! 65cm (stock 66cm) instead of 64cm that a friend of mine have with eibach pro-kit.

The ride is good but a bit strange, confortable but sometimes is harsh on smooth roads, only at front, rear is a bit soft! but overal it improved the stock ride and it turns better and its more confortable!

The strange thing is the front shocks have a bigger travel and the rear ones a small travel.

here are the problematic ones:

You certainly could give me a better answer than my koni dealer, I only want to know if the FSD for eibach springs have a smaller travell than normal ones!?

If yes, I need to change my shocks!

Thanks

Last edited by gaiex; 02-21-2008 at 10:05 AM.