Wheels, Tires, Suspension & Brakes Forum Discuss wheels, tires, suspension and brakes for your Mercedes-Benz.
Need wheels & tires? Checkout the MBWorld Marketplace and support your forums!

2 days, 2 flats, 2 new tires

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-08-2008, 10:02 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
05 SL500, 02 BMW Z3 (Mrs. VF), 05 FJR1300, 91 ZX-11
2 days, 2 flats, 2 new tires

Friday on 405 in Bellevue morning commute, car is pulling right and vibrating. Limp to the next exit and the right rear is flat and destroyed.
Next suprise is that the MB lug wrench won't fit the key to my aftermarket locking lug bolts.

Call MB roadside, no love for aftermarket wheels, they refused to show up.

Call AAA, they arrive in 30 min and put on the spare. Les Schwab can't find any puncture or leak in the bead or valve stem. They do honor their road hazard warranty and only charge me the prorated cost for a new Toyo T1-R.

Fast forward to Saturday night. Coming home from my brothers 10pm on Highway 18, same ****. Car is pulling and vibrating, left rear tire is flat and dstroyed this time. Call AAA, tire changed in 30 min. I figured I had more than a day to find a lug wrench that fit the locking key.

Monday morning and Les Schwab replaces the tire and prorates the cost under the road hazard warranty. I also bought another lug wrench this time.

In both cases, no evidence of puncture or leak was found and both tires were destroyed in less than a mile of limping to a safe place. The tires had approx 10k miles in 13 months.

So, are the Toyo T1-Rs a picece of crap or did I hit the jackpot after 20 yeares without a flat tire.

The only good news is that I have two new rear tires instead of one.
Old 01-31-2008, 09:55 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
2008 Black Out C350 Saks Edition / 87 VW GTI
Originally Posted by velvet fog
Friday on 405 in Bellevue morning commute, car is pulling right and vibrating. Limp to the next exit and the right rear is flat and destroyed.
Next suprise is that the MB lug wrench won't fit the key to my aftermarket locking lug bolts.

Call MB roadside, no love for aftermarket wheels, they refused to show up.

Call AAA, they arrive in 30 min and put on the spare. Les Schwab can't find any puncture or leak in the bead or valve stem. They do honor their road hazard warranty and only charge me the prorated cost for a new Toyo T1-R.

Fast forward to Saturday night. Coming home from my brothers 10pm on Highway 18, same ****. Car is pulling and vibrating, left rear tire is flat and dstroyed this time. Call AAA, tire changed in 30 min. I figured I had more than a day to find a lug wrench that fit the locking key.

Monday morning and Les Schwab replaces the tire and prorates the cost under the road hazard warranty. I also bought another lug wrench this time.

In both cases, no evidence of puncture or leak was found and both tires were destroyed in less than a mile of limping to a safe place. The tires had approx 10k miles in 13 months.

So, are the Toyo T1-Rs a picece of crap or did I hit the jackpot after 20 yeares without a flat tire.

The only good news is that I have two new rear tires instead of one.
it happens