Wheels, Tires, Suspension & Brakes Forum Discuss wheels, tires, suspension and brakes for your Mercedes-Benz.
Need wheels & tires? Checkout the MBWorld Marketplace and support your forums!

why does the tirerack website suggest a specific snow tire package...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-14-2001, 10:05 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
GLB 250 4matic
why does the tirerack website suggest a specific snow tire package...

but when i called, i got a different recommendation?

i like to research the tires on the web and then buy (of course, i still can't seem to checkout at your website). the website recommended dunlop winter sports for my C230k coupe w/ some alloys but i wanted steelies. when i called to order, i was told that the blizzaks LM22 were MUCH better. why are they better? why the inconsistent recommendations?

i bought the blizzaks w/ steelies b/c i really don't know much about snow tires. larry was helpful.

also, some general questions:
1. are narrower tires better for snow/ice?
2. i have the C7 package; the steelies i got are 16/7.5. why do i have to use the lugs you sent me? big warning on the receipt to use those instead of my mb lugs.

a lot of questions
thanks for the info
Old 11-15-2001, 09:38 AM
TR Moderator & Tire God

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
depends on the weather
Well....
The reason the web-site initially shows you a package that includes the winter sport M2 is because that is the tire that MB recommends but, the LM-22 does out perform the M2 in all of our testing.
Thinner tires are a little better in the snow because they have less tendency to ride on top of the snow.
Your orignal lugs are longer than the lugs needed for steel wheels and using the wrong length lug will damage your parking brake system.