Wheels, Tires, Suspension & Brakes Forum Discuss wheels, tires, suspension and brakes for your Mercedes-Benz.
Need wheels & tires? Checkout the MBWorld Marketplace and support your forums!

W126 H&R Wheel Spacer Issue - Drop Spring Source

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-24-2008, 08:20 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
1998 E320 4-Matic
W126 H&R Wheel Spacer Issue - Drop Spring Source

I've been trying to source a set of H&R's but they are back ordered everywhere and nobody seems to inventory these springs. Ive also looked into getting a set custom manufactured, but I have been quoted in the $600-700 range. Can anyone steer me in the right direction as to where to find a set of sport springs? No Self Leveling. I am not picky about brand or anything, its just if i wanted to drive something with 6in of wheel gap I would have bought a small pickup truck or a jeep.

Also, I purchased 4 15mm H&R spacers and they do not fit on the front hub centric of my 1988 420SEL. Does anyone know if the thinner versions (5mm) will fit properly? Can I put the 15mm spacer on a lathe and remove the lip from the inside of the hub centric that does not clear?

Thanks for any advice, my current tires are terrible and I need to get these wheels from a 1999 SL on properly with the drop so I can get the 4 wheel alignment done once, and not kill my fresh set of rubbers.
Old 01-25-2008, 01:20 AM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
06' Clk 500 Cabriolet, 01' CL 55, 00' Clk 430
[QUOTE=seeksbcdestroy;2616201]Does anyone know if the thinner versions (5mm) will fit properly? Can I put the 15mm spacer on a lathe and remove the lip from the inside of the hub centric that does not clear?QUOTE]

Yes, if you remove the lip, it will slide on. The 5 mm will slide on fine because it does not have the lip. You will fixed the problems by do that but you might create another problems with vibration because you really can't center the wheels onto the hub because of no lip.