Wheels, Tires, Suspension & Brakes Forum Discuss wheels, tires, suspension and brakes for your Mercedes-Benz.
Need wheels & tires? Checkout the MBWorld Marketplace and support your forums!

Ways to speed Wheel change?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-23-2008, 03:33 PM

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts
2013 S350, 2021 GLS450
Ways to speed Wheel change?

I apologize if this has been asked before but I could not find it with search.

Is there any tool to use with my wheels to help line up the bolt holes with the wheels. I find switching wheels on my 1998 Mercedes E300D takes about twice as long as on my Volkswagens. It takes several tries to get the holes to line up correctly. The front wheels are the worst since the discs spin freely while I'm trying to lift the wheel on.

I have a tool for my Volkswagens which threads into the lug hole and allows the wheel to be slipped over it. This helps line up the holes a lot faster but I honestly never use it because the VWs are so easy. Is there a similar tool available for Mercedes?

Thanks!
Old 07-23-2008, 04:53 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 321 Likes on 237 Posts
'19 E63S sedan
Originally Posted by SnowCub
I apologize if this has been asked before but I could not find it with search.

Is there any tool to use with my wheels to help line up the bolt holes with the wheels. I find switching wheels on my 1998 Mercedes E300D takes about twice as long as on my Volkswagens. It takes several tries to get the holes to line up correctly. The front wheels are the worst since the discs spin freely while I'm trying to lift the wheel on.

I have a tool for my Volkswagens which threads into the lug hole and allows the wheel to be slipped over it. This helps line up the holes a lot faster but I honestly never use it because the VWs are so easy. Is there a similar tool available for Mercedes?

Thanks!
Have you checked your toolkit? Mercedes come with a wheel lug pilot. If yours is gone, you can get a replacement at the parts department.