Wheels, Tires, Suspension & Brakes Forum Discuss wheels, tires, suspension and brakes for your Mercedes-Benz.
Need wheels & tires? Checkout the MBWorld Marketplace and support your forums!

Newby needs help!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-03-2008, 03:26 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
VW JTI
Newby needs help!

Ok everyone, I'm eventually going to buy a C32 AMG. I've thought about it and for some reason, I keep getting drawn to them. The reason I'm asking these questions is so that I know a little more about the MB community and tuning scene before I jump into it. I'm coming from the VW/Audi Scene and just by looking at your forum site, its very different. Well, my question centers around wheels. In the VW/Audi world, it doesn't matter the size or offset, it will fit. Its how we roll. As I'm looking around it seems to be a little different. So, I'm waffling on what wheels I want to get for it. I've narrowed it down to 3 sets. One of these sets I've yet to see on a C32, and they are the OEM SL500 Alphards. 18x8.5 front et. 35 and 18x9.5 rear et. 40. The offsets look similar to C32 offsets so I'm curious if they would fit. Also, has anybody seen a C32 with them on? Finally, the other thing I've noticed about the MB scene is that there is no stretch and poke. Its like a way of life over the VW/Audi land. Just curious on why that is.