Wheels, Tires, Suspension & Brakes Forum Discuss wheels, tires, suspension and brakes for your Mercedes-Benz.
Need wheels & tires? Checkout the MBWorld Marketplace and support your forums!

Luke@tirerack: Bridgestone RE-11

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-08-2009, 02:45 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
05 C55
Luke@tirerack: Bridgestone RE-11

Hey Luke,

I was going to call you but figured posting a thread might be helpful to others that are also interesting in knowing...

I just saw that you started offering Bridgestone RE-11s as a replacement for RE-01s. I will be calling you in the next couple of weeks to order a set for my C55 but was wondering on your thoughts on Bridgestone RE-11 vs. Dunlop Direzza Star Spec. Are RE-11s worth $150 extra per set?

Just curious, anyone else with RE-11s out there?

Secondly, Luke, any idea when tirerack will be posting tests results for RE-11s?

Thx
-kris
Old 03-10-2009, 04:57 PM
TR Moderator & Tire God

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
depends on the weather
The Potenza RE-11 is a North American-spec tire, which is different than the original version already available in Japan. Bridgestone North America has done extensive testing, and has developed a spec that is faster at street tire autocross competition than both the Potenza RE-01R and the JDP-spec RE-11. If I don't miss my guess the Dunlop Direzza Sport Z1 Star Spec will be unseated as the street tire king