Wheels, Tires, Suspension & Brakes Forum Discuss wheels, tires, suspension and brakes for your Mercedes-Benz.
Need wheels & tires? Checkout the MBWorld Marketplace and support your forums!

ABC Problem..........help needed

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-05-2009, 07:58 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
R230
Unhappy ABC Problem..........help needed

I have a problem which I hope someone can quickly resolve.
I recently purchased Adjustable Air Ride links, and installed them this past weekend.

The fronts took some time to acquire the same ride height (the instructions stated to make both links the same length before installing, but this did not work……one is a different length but the end result is similar.

The rears have caused me much frustration. I set both rear links to be about 5-6mm shorter (on the SL, shorter lengths in rear equals lower setting). After installing them, the passenger side was about 1” higher than the driver side rear. I tried to adjust the driver side and passenger side, but no resulting equal height. The driver side basically now does not change at all with any link adjustment. Even the stock links do not alter the height back to normal. The driver side is not unbearable low, but I cannot get the passenger side to lower to match……even with the stock links back in.

What did the AAR links do to my car?? Both sides of the rear still move 3 different levels……just not the same and I cannot get the driver side to change with any link adjustment. Is there an “ABC reset” or such?