Wheels, Tires, Suspension & Brakes Forum Discuss wheels, tires, suspension and brakes for your Mercedes-Benz.
Need wheels & tires? Checkout the MBWorld Marketplace and support your forums!

Spring Compressor

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-09-2009, 11:49 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
E320
Spring Compressor

Hey everyone, I currently have H&R springs for the W211 and now the installation is the next step. I have a mechanic friend who claims he can install the back spring no problem however in order to install the front ones a spring compressor is required. Now I am wondering if it's worth it to simply rent one or buy one off ebay. I found this on ebay:

http://cgi.ebay.ca/Spring-Compressor...1%7C240%3A1318

I'd like to know if this is the price I should pay for a spring compressor kit and how much it roughly costs to rent one. Thanks guys
Old 04-13-2009, 01:23 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2003 c230k coupe
how come mercedes needs a special spring compressor, my friend installed front springs with no problem in his mazda
Old 05-07-2009, 02:39 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
German
Originally Posted by Subster
Hey everyone, I currently have H&R springs for the W211 and now the installation is the next step. I have a mechanic friend who claims he can install the back spring no problem however in order to install the front ones a spring compressor is required. Now I am wondering if it's worth it to simply rent one or buy one off ebay. I found this on ebay:

http://cgi.ebay.ca/Spring-Compressor...1%7C240%3A1318

I'd like to know if this is the price I should pay for a spring compressor kit and how much it roughly costs to rent one. Thanks guys
I dont regret buying mine, have used it a few times.