Wheels, Tires, Suspension & Brakes Forum Discuss wheels, tires, suspension and brakes for your Mercedes-Benz.
Need wheels & tires? Checkout the MBWorld Marketplace and support your forums!

Nitto INVO/Hyevon SL55

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-28-2009, 02:45 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mercedes SL55/E55
Nitto INVO/Hyevon SL55

I just received my set of Nitto INVO Tires (255/30/20 and 295/25/30) for my SL55 from Nitto. The revolutionary tread design on this tire is astonishing. The different bands of the tire really make it unique. The sleek and uncluttered sidewalls with just the INVO logo look simple yet effective; all of the markings can be read. Here are my thoughts after taking the car out this past weekend for the first time. My first impression is wow, these tire are quiet. I didn’t realize how much road noise my previous set tires made until I drove off on these Nitto INVO.

With the SL55 producing more then 500+HP, holding traction with the Nitto INVO thru the gears from a dig wasn’t an issue at all. The stiffer sidewall construction really helps out here, you do not feel as much of the tire flex as in others. This will greatly improve the corner speeds in which you can push your vehicle. My car also felt more responsive and predictable, even when the rear end sliding. The contact patch feels much planted, providing very stable traction. Compared to my previous tires (Yokohama Advan Sports, Falken-452).
This is the best street tire on the market in my opinion; your sacrifices are minimal to non-existent. The performance that is bundled into them both dry and wet is phenomenal. The comfort and low noise generated is perfect for a daily driven car. The unique tread pattern really sets the tire apart and the performance keeps it on the high pedestal. This will be a tire that I plan on using again and again. Nitto really delivered the whole package with this one.

I like to say Thank you to Nitto for all there support in this build for 2009. For information or updates of the Hyevon SL55 please visit http://www.hyevonmotors.com.

The car will be going in for a complete makeover in the next few weeks.