Wheels, Tires, Suspension & Brakes Forum Discuss wheels, tires, suspension and brakes for your Mercedes-Benz.
Need wheels & tires? Checkout the MBWorld Marketplace and support your forums!

New tire, two new tires or just patch?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-11-2009, 10:50 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
i535
New tire, two new tires or just patch?

I got a nail in tire and it leaks slowly. Which option is the best? I heard the MB tires are non reparable. It is conti. I know that some people have success, however on my experienced, my repaired tire was blown badly a week after repairing. So I do not know if it was bad job of tire shop, or the tires are really non repairable. If I get new tires, should I get two or just one. The tire has only 6,000 miles on it and doesn’t show any wear.
Old 06-11-2009, 11:29 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
cars
I had conti's on my clk and I had to have one of my tires patched about 3 times in different places. I never had a problem with the tire leaking or anything just had some bad luck running over nails. So idk whatever you choose to do but i never had a problem with my tire patched.
Old 06-12-2009, 12:00 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
a g
As long as the damaged area is cleaned and prepped, then patched properly it shouldn't be an issue. That is unless the damaged area is in the shoulder or sidewall of the tire.