Wheels, Tires, Suspension & Brakes Forum Discuss wheels, tires, suspension and brakes for your Mercedes-Benz.
Need wheels & tires? Checkout the MBWorld Marketplace and support your forums!

Who has the best deal on Brabus wheels

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-19-2003, 06:43 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: The Brake Paint Guru has spoken!

Originally posted by E55 KEV
Speaking as a consumer, it is really stupid to exclude or restrict sales especially in a free market economy! People expect & demand lower prices buying over the internet or mail order.

Status Imports is a business obviously specializing in Mercedes aftermarket products willing to sell and promote your products along with AMG, Brabus, Lorinser, etc and you ask them to stop because their wheel prices are shown $40 under retail. What arrogance!

Kleemann products are imported by www.G2USA.com and prior to Kleemann you guys were only selling cheap products like brake and engine paint. So you move from selling slum products to some self proclaimed luxury products and you are high and mighty now. Again, what arrogance!

Kleemanns most visable product is the supercharger, which is a 'niche' product which only a few will buy and many will not and your wheel styles are boring at best and way overpriced. Why is Kleemann trying to be so exclusive? Someone at G2 has the wrong business approach.

By the way - I have used that G2 brake paint and it does chip while you advertise that is does not and I was planning on buying the full Kleemann suspension from Status Imports because their price was $116 lower than others and that is still way overpriced.

I certainly hope that brake paint is selling well. Ever heard of Chapter 7 and 11? He-He!
This is what happens when you think you know whats going on and you dont.

KLEEMANN has always been a duely incorporated independent company from the start. G2 has never been the importer of any KLEEMANN products. KLEEMANN used to have a marketing agreement with them but no longer maintain that relationship.

If you have problems with G2's paint- take it to them. We are not the same company and never have been. Im sure G2 will service your complaint.

As for your dislike of our policies- you are entitled to you opinion. This is a free market- but we are not selling socks here. Our dealers make huge investments in demo cars, staff, inventory, training etc. Why should someone like EvoSport invest the time (and there is quite a bit of it) in a servicing a customer only to have a no over head e-biz take the fuits of their labor? We will never be a business that allows the internet and its host of hollow non-concrete businesses dictate what we do.

We have a MSRP much like many other companies- you cant get an APPLE computer, for example, for anything other than list- why is this? Price fixing?

I am personally quite tired of your continuous jabs at going out of business, being forced to lower prices, blah, blah, blah. I have tough skin and take them for what they are- an opinion.

You probably wouldnt buy a $40,000 BRABUS engine either (because its way over priced) but that hasnt stopped Bodo Bushmann from having a fantastic business, now has it?

Last edited by Brandon @ Kleemann; 02-19-2003 at 09:01 PM.
Old 02-20-2003, 08:41 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 198 Likes on 156 Posts
2016 GLE63s / 2016 E63s / 2002 E55
Kleemann, thanks for your reply. Even though I posted flaming stuff I still have admitted in previous post and now that I like (love) Kleemann stuff! First and foremost I am a Mercedes & Tuning enthusiasts and your products make Mercedes more capable cars, we all will agree. You might not care what I think, but that is cool. I have never said that the products are bad but sometimes post about the price or the color and that's OK because it is all consumer feedback. Brabus & Renntech stuff is very expensive also but I still admire all Mercedes tuning stuff. That is the main reason I spend so much time on this board.
Old 02-23-2003, 10:49 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 18 Likes on 7 Posts
Porcelain Bus
Kev, I'm with you

I may not agree with your approach or verbage, but agree Kleeman, Brabus, and Renntech are incredible companies with great products, but they are all extremely overpriced for the amount of performance that their parts offer. For the majority of lower end car owners, goodies such as the fancy wheels, superchargers, suspension mods are true considerations since these additions are more affordable. Based on a cost percentage of the actual car value, Kleeman etc mods are priced comparably to those parts offered for Hondas. Luxury car parts proportionately cost more than economy car parts. It's a shame someone doesn't come up with a line of quality performance upgrades for MB's that can be priced at a more competitive level so we consumers don't feel we're being gouged. I think the answer that there will never be Kleeman/Brabus/Renntech equivalent for half the price is because of the low volume sales that these niche dealers compete for. Maybe as MB sales increase, things will get better for us poorer or just cheaper folk.
Old 02-23-2003, 11:19 PM
MBWorld Founder

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ones too fast according to CHP!
What do you call 8+ RWHP for $499 for ALL 98+ MBZ's (except Factory S/C cars) and 30+ RWHP for $1699 on the C32?

That seems like we are offering an amazing value for the money!

We are trying!

However, you hit the nail on the head. There will NEVER be enough MBZ's to warrant the kind of production runs and development that would lower prices to the level of mustang or civic parts, and I for one am happy about that as I don't want a civic or a mustang in my driveway, I like the MB's and BMW's that are there!

Thanks

Brad