Wheels, Tires, Suspension & Brakes Forum Discuss wheels, tires, suspension and brakes for your Mercedes-Benz.
Need wheels & tires? Checkout the MBWorld Marketplace and support your forums!

New Dymags from evosport - WHAT A DIFFERENCE!!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-29-2009, 11:33 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CLK 63 AMG Black Series
New Dymags from evosport - WHAT A DIFFERENCE!!!

Gang,

I just added Dymags to my BS and upgraded the rears to 305’s. Wow. Now we are talking performance. Like when you stop hitting your self in the head with a hammer you are amazed at how good it feels. The same thing is true here. Needless to say the car is faster, since you drop 38lbs of unsprung mass with the Dymags, which translates into more power and what would be about a 150 lb overall weight reduction. But it’s the additional grip that is the big payoff. With it and the enhanced cornering profile, you have basically a completely different car than the way the BS handles in stock garb. Rear tire spin is down by 80%. The balance of the car is generally improved and I find it easier to hold a specific line whenever and wherever I want it to be. You can make the most out of the grunty V-8 out of the turns and turn ins are more accurate and quick. I hated taking the traction control off, the 285’s and the extra weight had me correcting before the vehicle made its move. That made for a busy wheel and a whole lot of YIKES. Now, with the Dys, you’ve got seemingly total control, correcting is done in real time and is more forgiving at the limit. In short the car is a much better dancer with Dys.

The guys at Evosport in Huntingtion Beach, Ca are “Wizards with Wrenches”. Having improved more BS than anyone else, they have made an art form for bringing out the beast that the BS was meant to be. Their suspension package is a great match with the Dys and rubber. If you don’t have Dys when you drive your BS…you’re leaving the best part of your car in the driveway.

Get Em!!

BTW, these are two pics from a recent track day I did with the evosport gang. I will have the boys post more pics of my car with the wheels ASAP.
Attached Thumbnails New Dymags from evosport - WHAT A DIFFERENCE!!!-003.jpg   New Dymags from evosport - WHAT A DIFFERENCE!!!-004.jpg  
Old 07-29-2009, 12:08 PM
MBWorld Founder

ones too fast according to CHP!
Thanks!!!!

BTW, for anyone that is interested, we have an identical set of Dymags available for delivery THIS week.

19x10 and 19x11. Black Chrome centers.

I have better pics on another camera. I will post tomorrow.

thanks
Brad
Old 07-30-2009, 10:42 PM

2005 SL55 AMG, 1986 Porsche 930S, 1996 Porsche 993tt
pm the price for the 19" for a SL55 (2005).