Wheels, Tires, Suspension & Brakes Forum Discuss wheels, tires, suspension and brakes for your Mercedes-Benz.
Need wheels & tires? Checkout the MBWorld Marketplace and support your forums!

Help!!Spacers for 19x8.5 rims on 2006 E500

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-30-2009, 11:51 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts
W211
Help!!Spacers for 19x8.5 rims on 2006 E500

What size spacers are you guys running on 19x8.5 rims for your E500 2006 benz??????

I ordered some concept one RS-8 rims in 19x8.5 from D2autosport 3 wks ago. Finally got them Thursday. Took them to Sears and NTB and both tire techs said i need spacers. Watched them put on the rim to the hub and there is a gap, (not sure how much mm gap), but obvious.

Since the 19s are bigger and have a gap (not sure how many mm). They refused to install due to possibility of it wobbling and could some loose.

Its been hell working with D2autosport in getting my rims.
1. Said they were in stock and would get them in 3 days. Further research on my part i find out that the RS-8 come in 5x114, not 5x112. So when i confronted them on it, they said they would file down and had adapters and make them fit 5x112 pattern. Then said they were being special ordered 5x112 which took 3wks...

2. Asked if i needed spacers and they said no and should fit without issues. (guess i had to find out the hard way!!)

3. get the rims and see that the stamp on them say ET 38. But i need 35 offset to fit my benz. Called them and said that its the stock stamp and since they were custom fabricated, its not et38 thats stamped on the rim but offset to fit my car.

One good thing out of this is that i did dispute my credit card company for the charges that hit. Really crap customer service from them. I wouldn't suggest ordered from them at all.