Wheels, Tires, Suspension & Brakes Forum Discuss wheels, tires, suspension and brakes for your Mercedes-Benz.
Need wheels & tires? Checkout the MBWorld Marketplace and support your forums!

Tires for C240 Sedan

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-03-2003, 08:59 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2001 C240
Question Tires for C240 Sedan

My car is lowered with the H&R Cup Kit.

I have old 235/40-18 on new 8.5" wheels. It barely clears the front shocks (in fact, a small patch of shock paint is rubbed off to shiny metal by the side 'bead' of the tire), but I have no body rubbing. I was told when I get new tires (probably SO3) to go with 225/40.

But what about larger tires on the rears? The rims aren't staggered, but the tires could be, just won't be able to rotate. What do you think would be the largest I could go with on the rears. I seem to have plenty of clearance....
Old 03-03-2003, 11:33 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Re: Tires for C240 Sedan

Originally posted by Keista
My car is lowered with the H&R Cup Kit.

I have old 235/40-18 on new 8.5" wheels. It barely clears the front shocks (in fact, a small patch of shock paint is rubbed off to shiny metal by the side 'bead' of the tire), but I have no body rubbing. I was told when I get new tires (probably SO3) to go with 225/40.

But what about larger tires on the rears? The rims aren't staggered, but the tires could be, just won't be able to rotate. What do you think would be the largest I could go with on the rears. I seem to have plenty of clearance....
I was struggling between S-03 and T1-S. I ended up choosing T1-S because I was told S-03 wears out pretty fast and T1-S is more economical. You might want to consider T1-S also as the design of the tire is more "rounded" in the corner, you might be able to put 265 in the rear. Otherwise, 255/35/18 will be the choice.
Old 03-04-2003, 09:18 AM
TR Moderator & Tire God

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
depends on the weather
I would recommend the 225/40-18 on all four corners because of the difference in side wall deflection when using different sized tires on the same size wheels ..... and 265's requirea 9.0" wheel width