Wheels, Tires, Suspension & Brakes Forum Discuss wheels, tires, suspension and brakes for your Mercedes-Benz.
Need wheels & tires? Checkout the MBWorld Marketplace and support your forums!

H&R Springs-Clicking noise.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-09-2003, 10:31 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2014 GLK250 BlueTec & 2009 ML320 BlueTec
H&R Springs-Clicking noise.

After I installed H&R springs in my car last year, I could never figure out what is the clicking noise coming out of the left rear side. I have taken the car apart and couldn't find anything.
The mechanic says to take it to the dealer, but I am afraid they are going to tell me that because I change the suspension they won't look at it. This noise takes away the enjoyment of driving my car....
Does anybody in the forum has had the same problem?
Old 03-09-2003, 06:36 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
asdf
Do you have aftermarket shocks? I'd get clicking over speed bumps and I figured out the shocks weren't tightened all the way. Check out for the bearings too. Are you running w/o pads? When I first went to my dealer to complain about the clicking, he said that the problem was due to me running no pads and that the springs were just shaking a bit, but it turned out to be the shock problem.
Old 03-09-2003, 07:04 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

originally posted by henry47
Do you have aftermarket shocks? I'd get clicking over speed bumps and I figured out the shocks weren't tightened all the way. Check out for the bearings too. Are you running w/o pads? When I first went to my dealer to complain about the clicking, he said that the problem was due to me running no pads and that the springs were just shaking a bit, but it turned out to be the shock problem
Yeah, I have Koni sports, I took them out for adjustment last week, and after reinstaling, the clicking was still there. Anyway the clicking started with the springs, before I installed the shocks.
I wonder, if I had no pads, my car would be running much lower, now I have 1.5" front clearence and 1" rear.
My car has 18,000 miles, I think it's to new for bearings, besides I feel the noise inside.
Thanks for the ideas.
Old 03-09-2003, 09:08 PM
Almost a Member!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mercedes 2001 CLK55 AMG, 2000 ML320
I had the same problem after I lowered my car with H&R springs. I took it back to my MB dealer and they were nice enough to check it out throughly. They said that the rear suspension links were loose and the parts that held the rear swaybar were loose and defective as well. They replaced all the parts under waranty and cost ot me = $0. Take you car back to your MB dealer and ask them to fix it.
Old 03-10-2003, 06:22 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Off to the dealer I go, see what happens.