Wheels, Tires, Suspension & Brakes Forum Discuss wheels, tires, suspension and brakes for your Mercedes-Benz.
Need wheels & tires? Checkout the MBWorld Marketplace and support your forums!

Wheel and especially tire advice needed!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-12-2010, 02:08 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2004 e500 4Matic Wagon
Wheel and especially tire advice needed!

I’ve done some searches and have some good info but want some last tire and wheel advice before moving forward.

I just bought a 2004 e500 4Matic wagon which has snows on its stock 17 inch wheels. I want to keep the snows on those wheels and get a set of 18 inch wheels for the summer.

I know I shouldn’t (or can’t depending on who you ask) stagger the wheel widths, so I’ll get 18x8.5 wheels all around with 245/40/18’s all the way around. Correct?

That’s the easy part…

Now as far as tires. I’ve got snows so I don’t need all seasons. I have a wagon and a baby, so while the car may see some quick off-ramps and initial turn-in is great, I don’t need Pilot Sport Cups on the thing. Most of the cars life is spent driving around town or on the highway and so a quiet tire is the key attribute. And I’d much prefer something that isn’t $300 a corner…

So am I right on the wheel issue? And What tire should I get?

Many thanks!
Old 04-14-2010, 04:59 PM
TR Moderator & Tire God

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
depends on the weather
I know of many people with your car in your situation who absolutely love th Potenza RE760