Wheels, Tires, Suspension & Brakes Forum Discuss wheels, tires, suspension and brakes for your Mercedes-Benz.
Need wheels & tires? Checkout the MBWorld Marketplace and support your forums!

Rant: Continental tires

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-21-2010, 12:51 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
benzo larenzo
Rant: Continental tires

Ok so here is my rant about the worst tires i had ever had in my life.

I got my car 05/19/09 with Continental tires on it, after 1 week right passenger side tire popped, i went to the continental facility and they replaced it.
Thank you guys, as i left the place same night i saw that my driver side front tire has a bubble.
I wanted to go and get it warrantied but was busy with work and did not have time, the bubble was small so i guess i was fine. In December my car was at Mercedes and i told them to replace that tire, cost $450, 2 months later that new tire on the same driver side has a HUGE bubble! it lets air on the side.
So thats 2 tires in less than a years time, bubbled up.... what kind of sh*t is that ? both in a matter of 2 months from being new. I went to same dealer that replaced my 1st blown tire, i was expecting for them to inspect my tire...
The inspection was "he measured my thread wear and looked at the bubble".. thats it! where is the inspection ?
They call me 1 hour later saying that they will not replace my tire, due to the bubble being road hazard and if i don't want to get new tires every few months do get a different car... saying that the rim design has a flaw in it which makes my tires pop.....
I called continental spoke to some rude lady, she basically told me to go **** myself.
I can't believe Mercedes deals with such **** tires... ive never had a tire give up on me so many times in such a little time.

So what should i do people? write a letter to the corp office? because i am not spending $450 every 2 months because they make crap tires.

Last edited by badblackbenz550; 05-21-2010 at 12:54 PM.
Old 05-21-2010, 02:06 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2004 S55 (SOLD, miss it every day), 2009 GL550
I love my Continentals

I bought a set of Continental Extreme Contact DWS back in November, and they have been great. Outstanding rain tire, including heavy rain. Very good snow tire. My daily driver S55 had zero trouble this winter despite THREE BLIZZARDS here in Virginia (of course, I had to be *extremely* gentle with the throttle ).

I will easily reach one year with them hope to get 2 to 2.5 years out of them since they can't be rotated 4 ways, only flipped side-to-side (staggered set up).

I could not more highly recommend the DWS.
Old 05-21-2010, 02:43 PM
Banned

benzo larenzo
Originally Posted by i_am_amused
I bought a set of Continental Extreme Contact DWS back in November, and they have been great. Outstanding rain tire, including heavy rain. Very good snow tire. My daily driver S55 had zero trouble this winter despite THREE BLIZZARDS here in Virginia (of course, I had to be *extremely* gentle with the throttle ).

I will easily reach one year with them hope to get 2 to 2.5 years out of them since they can't be rotated 4 ways, only flipped side-to-side (staggered set up).

What size are they ?
Old 05-21-2010, 02:49 PM

2006 E55 AMG
Originally Posted by i_am_amused

+1

I've had mine on roughly the same amount of time. They're excellent tires.
Old 05-22-2010, 01:01 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2004 S55 (SOLD, miss it every day), 2009 GL550
Originally Posted by badblackbenz550
What size are they ?
don't remember, they might be stock (245/45R18 , 265/40R18) but I was thinking they were 275 in the rear. I looked at so many tires I can't remember what I size got. I looked for months and at dozens of tires and sizes to find assymetric (for side-to-side rotation) tires with good wet and snow traction that were big enough and THAT MET THE W220 LOAD RATING. The load rating was a ***** to satisfy. My 55 is a daily driver, and I have wife and kids in it all the time, so no skimping on the load rating for me.

I will look and post soon, unless I forget

And I forgot... I got the whole set installed for around $815. I know of guys spending more than that per axle. Stupid crackheads