Wheels, Tires, Suspension & Brakes Forum Discuss wheels, tires, suspension and brakes for your Mercedes-Benz.
Need wheels & tires? Checkout the MBWorld Marketplace and support your forums!

Spacer Primer

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-14-2010, 04:27 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Spacer Primer

Apparently I need a basic primer on spacers.
I have a 2005 CLK500.
The hubs are 66.5mm in diameter so I bought 12mm spacers with a 66.55mm bore. However in addition to the main spacer, there is an inner ring that is designed to create a lip. This inner ring is only 60.5mm. When I try to put these spacers on my car they main spacer goes on fine, but the inner ring hits and won't go. I understand the inner ring is designed to create a lip to go into the wheel, but at 60.5mm it won't go flush to my rotor. As you can see there is about a 1/2" gap between the spacer and the rotor.

1. Can I get spacers that don't have the inner ring? will these be less stable?
2. Can I get spacers that have the inner ring that is 66.5mm? This seem like it would then put the main spacer with too big of a bore though.

With the design of a normal spacer, it seems my only choice would be to have REALLY thick spacers that let the inner ring be just off the hug and the spacer go all of the way back to the rotor.

Any tips or advice on what I am missing.
Attached Thumbnails Spacer Primer-mainbore.jpg   Spacer Primer-innerring.jpg   Spacer Primer-stuck.jpg   Spacer Primer-hub.jpg   Spacer Primer-img00034-20100814-1137.jpg  

Old 08-14-2010, 04:43 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
04 CLK 320 > CLK32K
Go with H&R spacers, they are hubcentric and they work