Wheels, Tires, Suspension & Brakes Forum Discuss wheels, tires, suspension and brakes for your Mercedes-Benz.
Need wheels & tires? Checkout the MBWorld Marketplace and support your forums!

Airmatic problem after installing links

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-31-2010, 03:34 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Brabus D6S Cabrio, Hartge M5 Touring
Airmatic problem after installing links

Hi,
its my first post so go easy on me!

Had my car about a month ('07 ML420 cdi) and am in the process of fitting most of the Brabus catalogue to it!

The 23" monoblock Es went on ok but Ive run into problems when Ive tried to fit some adjustable sensor link arms today to lower the car.
Every thing fine on the front end...sits about 30mm lower than standard

However the rear end is now sitting on the bump stops and wont even raise up in the "raised" off road position (the front does...looks like its about to do a wheely)

Ive discounted the links being the wrong length as I reinstalled the factory ones but the problem remains. Its like the rear suspension has stopped working completely. I dont think I damaged the sensors in any way when I replaced the parts as I was really careful + to have both go would be really unlucky!

The only thing I can think is that I did have to fully raise and lower the car about 3 times for adjustments before the problem occured so I may have overheated something? or perhaps a fuse or something could have blown?

Ive tried disconnecting the battery to no avail. The owners manual is useless...doesnt even tell you what fuse does what

Im not getting any error messages on the dash.

Any help would be gratefully recieved!

Will post photos when its all done
Old 10-31-2010, 01:20 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Brabus D6S Cabrio, Hartge M5 Touring
Had another look today. Turns out one of the rear sensors had turned 180 deg before I re-attached the link

I think a combination of working upside down and too close to "beer" o'clock were to blame!

Everything sorted now..was dreading a trip to the stealers to try and explain!
Old 11-01-2010, 10:20 AM
TR Moderator & Tire God

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
depends on the weather
Beer:30 can cause all sorts of issues glad you got everything figured out ... post up some pics