Wheels, Tires, Suspension & Brakes Forum Discuss wheels, tires, suspension and brakes for your Mercedes-Benz.
Need wheels & tires? Checkout the MBWorld Marketplace and support your forums!

560SEC wheels

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-22-2011, 03:21 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
1991 560SEC, 2009 CLS550
560SEC wheels

The original MB factory wheels I see on most 560SEC's have a flush surface and 15 rounded 'slots' around the perimeter. Occasionally I see a 560SEC with a very similar wheel with a flush surface but with eight 'rounded triangular' slots around the perimeter. Tire Rack offers the latter as ASA-brand wheels in both 15" and 16" for this car, and told me ASA used to be the low-price line of BBS that was subsequently spun off and is now an independent company making these wheels in Korea. The Adsitco catalog under "used original factory Mercedes wheels" shows what look like the ASA 8-slot wheels as "Type 92 original wheels", indicating this was an MB factory supplied wheel. Could someone please enlighten me about these 15-slot and 8-slot wheels, and if both were original factory wheels for the 560SEC? If yes, was one optional? I'm thinking of buying a set of 16" ASA 8-slot wheels to upgrade from 15" wheels on a 1991 560SEC, and would like to understand the different 'factory' wheels MB put on the late 560SEC. Please e-mail me directly at Johnhuntd@Comcast.net. Thank you very much. John in Baltimore, MD