Wheels, Tires, Suspension & Brakes Forum Discuss wheels, tires, suspension and brakes for your Mercedes-Benz.
Need wheels & tires? Checkout the MBWorld Marketplace and support your forums!

Recommended Tire pressure?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-11-2002, 12:11 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
GL450, Sienna SE
Recommended Tire pressure?

What is a good tire pressure for my car? I have 18" rims with Perelli P7000 Supersports 225 40 ZR 18. People tell me different things but I do know that when the tire pressure is in the low 30's my tires blow cuz the sidewall gets pinched. I set it at 45psi but everyone tells me thats bad. Is that right?
Old 02-14-2002, 05:03 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
'08 BMW e92 335i
my setup

I asked the shop that I got my wheels from and the owner there told me that the higher the pressure the stiffer ride, but the more protection you have on the actual wheels. but if you miss dodging a pothole or bad streets you might blow your tires. i normally run with 38 psi all around.
Old 02-15-2002, 06:40 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
1996 C36 AMG, 1995 Volvo 850 Turbowagon
too high u blow tire, too low u blow tire as well. u are inviting trouble at 45 psi, tire gets too hot and blows out from too much pressure, or u hit a pothole and blow it out that way. the specs on ur tires are 44 psi max. u should take into account that a good rule of thumb is hot tires add roughly 4 psi; so on a cold tire, u should go for something below 40, just to be safe. also, as most mb are a little heavy, and those tires have a weight load of only 1074 lbs, u would be wise to keep the pressure above 32. 38 definitely is a better tire pressure as phattbam says, probably the best compromise.