Wheels, Tires, Suspension & Brakes Forum Discuss wheels, tires, suspension and brakes for your Mercedes-Benz.
Need wheels & tires? Checkout the MBWorld Marketplace and support your forums!

brake system flush

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-02-2011, 07:12 PM

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
2000 E430, 2011 Ford Ranger
brake system flush

I have a 2000 E430,I want to use a vaccuum bleeder. Any problems with this method ? I have been using this for years on my other vehicles (not mbz). Is there a certain sequence? Thank you.New to mbworld - hope I did this correctly.
Old 04-07-2011, 01:01 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
There is no means to ensure that your braking system is 100% moisture-free, all the time. However, you can reduce the absorption with regular brake fluid flushes and maintenance. The brake system flush procedure is similar to the procedure of bleeding brakes. You need to carry out the brake flushing for one wheel brake at a time, by opening the master cylinder and draining the fluid. Once done, you need to clean thoroughly to ensure that no contaminants remain inside. However, you need to be extremely careful if you choose to flush your brake fluids yourself. You can choose to avail the services of a professional service company for the same too. Locksmith Dallas