Wheels, Tires, Suspension & Brakes Forum Discuss wheels, tires, suspension and brakes for your Mercedes-Benz.
Need wheels & tires? Checkout the MBWorld Marketplace and support your forums!

New wheels and tires with TPSM the light is still on (question)

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-16-2011, 12:50 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2007 CLS 63 030 package 2011 C63 1997 Dodge Viper GTS
New wheels and tires with TPSM the light is still on (question)

I just installed different wheels and tires with the TPMs all ready installed in the new set. The light is still on after a few days.

Will it reset or do I need to install the original sensors for it to read properly?

Thanks,

Robert
Old 03-16-2011, 07:56 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CLS63
Originally Posted by SSSSE YA
I just installed different wheels and tires with the TPMs all ready installed in the new set. The light is still on after a few days.

Will it reset or do I need to install the original sensors for it to read properly?

Thanks,

Robert
Did you already go through the reset procedure on the dash? Did you install the wheels or did a shop do it?
Old 03-17-2011, 10:01 AM

I had my local tire shop install them for me. I wanted them to c=heck them out before the install, they are take offs from an 08 CLS 63.
Old 03-17-2011, 12:05 PM

CLS63
Originally Posted by SSSSE YA
I had my local tire shop install them for me. I wanted them to c=heck them out before the install, they are take offs from an 08 CLS 63.
When it comes to used sensors, you never know what issues they could have. They could have low batteries, damaged internals from previous installation(s), they could have even been dropped which is often times enough to damage them. We always try to provide new sensors in a scenario like that, it costs the customer about $350 for new ones but it's well worth it in the long run. I'm not sure you answered the part, did you go through the reset procedure on your instrument cluster message center yourself? or did you simply just depend on them to do it, which you should have been able to do. If you're unsure on the reset procedure, look in your manual and it will explain it in detail, it's easy to do.
Old 03-17-2011, 01:45 PM

Originally Posted by WSIAZ
When it comes to used sensors, you never know what issues they could have. They could have low batteries, damaged internals from previous installation(s), they could have even been dropped which is often times enough to damage them. We always try to provide new sensors in a scenario like that, it costs the customer about $350 for new ones but it's well worth it in the long run. I'm not sure you answered the part, did you go through the reset procedure on your instrument cluster message center yourself? or did you simply just depend on them to do it, which you should have been able to do. If you're unsure on the reset procedure, look in your manual and it will explain it in detail, it's easy to do.
Thanks I will try the reset this weekend.
Old 03-23-2011, 09:53 PM

2010 GLK350 4MATIC SUV
I just put after market wheels on my glk350 4matic suv and i didnt install new wheel senors and the light stays on. I am trying to get information on how to shut the system down until winter when i put the stock wheels back on.I dont need it to check tire pressure i am from old school i check myself.
Old 03-23-2011, 10:03 PM

2010 GLK350 4MATIC SUV
[quote=JULIAN 6379;4587726]I just put after market wheels on my glk350 4matic suv and i didnt install new wheel senors and the light stays on. I am trying to get information on how to shut the system down until winter when i put the stock wheels back on.I dont need it to check tire pressure i am from old school i check myself.Have talk to a few shops about this and some say take out the fuse but the code in the computer still would have to be reset with a hand held pod or disconnect the positve battery terminal.