Wheels, Tires, Suspension & Brakes Forum Discuss wheels, tires, suspension and brakes for your Mercedes-Benz.
Need wheels & tires? Checkout the MBWorld Marketplace and support your forums!

Which brand of rotors for SL600

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-27-2011, 07:43 PM
Super Moderator

Received 3,239 Likes on 2,018 Posts
AMG GTC Roadster, E63s Ed.1, M8 Comp. Coupe
Which brand of rotors for SL600

It's time for new rotors for our 230 SL600TT...

Turns out that Tirerack has nothing in stock and as I am checking around I am finding a lot of brands that mean nothing to me.

Need 14"2 fronts and 13" rears.

I assume that the OEM rotors are Brembo's (the brand isn't listed) and the only other brands I find are Centric, Beck Arnley, Zimmerman, etc...

No idea about their quality or how they compare to Brembo's. I like the Evosport's, but can't justify the $2k pricetag.
I was planning to use Akebono's Ceramic pads to lessen the brake dust.

Any feedback is appreciated!

Last edited by Wolfman; 03-27-2011 at 07:55 PM.
Old 03-29-2011, 05:38 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CLS55, C63, 997 Turbo
Does your SL not have 2-piece front rotors already? If so, the Evosport rotors are VERY well justified- both from a cost and functionality standpoint. If your car has 1-piece rotors up front (which I'm assuming is the case), then it's just a matter of how much unsprung weight reduction means to you. Also, Evosport is releasing the 390mm rotor soon which you should be able to upgrade to if you do have the 8P front setup.

OEM rotors are NOT Brembo. MBZ sources out the manufacturing of their rotors to OE suppliers (ie, ATE, etc.)
Old 03-29-2011, 05:59 PM
Super Moderator

Received 3,239 Likes on 2,018 Posts
AMG GTC Roadster, E63s Ed.1, M8 Comp. Coupe
Originally Posted by blair_mbz
Does your SL not have 2-piece front rotors already? If so, the Evosport rotors are VERY well justified- both from a cost and functionality standpoint. If your car has 1-piece rotors up front (which I'm assuming is the case), then it's just a matter of how much unsprung weight reduction means to you. Also, Evosport is releasing the 390mm rotor soon which you should be able to upgrade to if you do have the 8P front setup.

OEM rotors are NOT Brembo. MBZ sources out the manufacturing of their rotors to OE suppliers (ie, ATE, etc.)
Thanks for the follow-up!

I have the one-piece one's. I'd jump all over the rotors if I had forged wheels, but I am using the more or less standard 19" AMG cast wheels which are also very heavy.

They are also cheaper to repair/replace, given the ridiculous holes we have in our streets. Last potholes I barely missed over the weekend were 5-6" deep!

I am getting the brake indicator right now, so I want to pull the trigger quick.

Re. the OEM one's being Brembo, they used to be on our SL55, so I assumed them to be likewise, since the brake system was more or less the same as on the AMG (minus the drilled rear rotors).

It is a 8 piston setup in front...