Wheels, Tires, Suspension & Brakes Forum Discuss wheels, tires, suspension and brakes for your Mercedes-Benz.
Need wheels & tires? Checkout the MBWorld Marketplace and support your forums!

Wheels made to order?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-11-2003, 05:21 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2003 s500 sport
Wheels made to order?

Is it possible to have alu wheels made to order? I am looking for a company I could approach and ask to produce a batch of 17inch
old bundt style wheels for older mercedes cars. If you are not familiar with bundt wheels look at the pic.

Those wheels can be easily found in 14 inch but quality tires are getting scarce for this size. They were also produced in 15 inch but in very limited quantities and are very difficult to find. 17 inch would be perfect if possible to reproduce. They were initialy produced by ATS and RONAL.
Any ideas?
Attached Thumbnails Wheels made to order?-bundt14wheel.jpg  
Old 06-13-2003, 04:09 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I drive what I drive
wtf. get new rims
Old 06-13-2003, 01:37 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
GL320CDI / C63 Edition 507 Coupe (EDP) / E63 S (on order) / G500 / Smart Brabus
Why not 16"? Quality tires in 16" are still readily available, in the (relatively) narrow sizes that the older chassis requires. Plus, I think that wheel would look kind of weird taking it all the way to 17".

You can contact Ronal USA directly. They are in Southern California, and in the past have been open to custom work (they certainly will custom drill rims for you from blanks, so they're not "redrilled"). Since Ronal is a big OEM manufacturer, there's no reason they wouldn't accept other contract work.

The problem you face is getting this done in large enough quantity to attract their attention, and the cost may be prohibitive in a smaller quantity. Remember that you will require an all-new die/mold, and creating one is VERY expensive (on the order of $25K).

Good luck!

-s-
Old 06-13-2003, 05:29 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts
Mercedes-Benz
deng, 25k? you are probably better off getting someone to make you a custom tire lol.