Wheels, Tires, Suspension & Brakes Forum Discuss wheels, tires, suspension and brakes for your Mercedes-Benz.
Need wheels & tires? Checkout the MBWorld Marketplace and support your forums!

Struggling with wheel choices. Concave/Forged style without pricetag? Exist?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-05-2011, 05:53 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2006 C230 Sport/2002 C230k coupe sport
Unhappy Struggling with wheel choices. Concave/Forged style without pricetag? Exist?

Well to start I'm a huge fan of aftermarket wheels. My current car is a pewter metallic 2006 C230 Sport. After hours even days of research on finding the perfect wheel I've basically hit a dead end. I love the styles of all of the forged wheels but really don't want to pay $3000-$6000 for a set. The last time I bought a set of wheels, this is what I ended up with...

I did, however buy them used and got a really great deal on them. This go round I definitely want to go new, and I definitely want to stay in the $1000-$1500 range for a set. Now, after searching and searching and searching I finally come across a few sets of wheels and only one that I'm 100% sold on. The only problem is they only come in 20's, and aggressive ones at that.

Concept One CS 5.0

Does anyone know of any other styles that resemble this? I've looked at the Forgestar's but they just don't do it for me. A bit too plain in my opinion. I've even been desperate enough to e-mail Concept One about a custom 19" size but they said they will not be looking to take a stab at that until later next year.

P.S. Sorry for the huge pics.

The car I'm working with...

Thanks in advance!
Old 12-07-2011, 06:07 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Mercedes C230 Sport Sedan
Wheels

Dude, check these out. http://www.bekkers.com/Merchant2/mer...de=roc0081audi

They are in your price range and look terrific. I am going to put them on my car. Same car as yours except Orion Blue.

Jeff.
Old 12-07-2011, 06:19 PM
Administrator

Received 29 Likes on 23 Posts
MPG+ ROLFCOPTER
Originally Posted by JKehler
Dude, check these out. http://www.bekkers.com/Merchant2/mer...de=roc0081audi

They are in your price range and look terrific. I am going to put them on my car. Same car as yours except Orion Blue.

Jeff.

Why are you linking an Audi wheel on a Mercedes forum, a wheel that doesn't even match what this member is looking for?
Old 12-07-2011, 06:21 PM

Those are great but not what I'm actually looking for. I think I may have hit the jackpot.. what does everyone think of the Bavaria's? $1300ish for a set...

Old 12-07-2011, 11:18 PM

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
W209 CLK Renntech Widebody, C140 CL600 V12, AP2 S2000, NSX Twin Turbo, R8 V10
You know you will only find cast wheels in that price range, not forged. They may be a downgrade from OEM unless you are JUST after looks...
Old 12-08-2011, 08:48 AM

Originally Posted by Nero Tenebre
You know you will only find cast wheels in that price range, not forged. They may be a downgrade from OEM unless you are JUST after looks...
Oh no doubt about it. I mean I COULD always buy another forged USED set for under $2k but something about getting NEW wheels just excites me a bit more. I am just after looks on this car. It's a family sport sedan. I just need some different shoes so it's not stock.