Wheels, Tires, Suspension & Brakes Forum Discuss wheels, tires, suspension and brakes for your Mercedes-Benz.
Need wheels & tires? Checkout the MBWorld Marketplace and support your forums!

Tire Help Please

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-20-2012, 02:27 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2011 C300 Sport, 2007 Nissan Titan Crew Cab
Tire Help Please

Ok, I read the above thread rating the best tires in different categories, but it still left me with a few questions and the last update is about a year old so there might be some new info out there. I should be getting my new 19's next week and am unsure of what tires to go with. I'm going staggered with 8.5's up front and 9.5's in the rear. My fiance drives the car about 80-90% of the time to and from work (a rough 10 mile commute) and the car doesn't really see "performance driving." I live on the central coast in Cali., so I don't really need to worry about all season tires, the only inclement weather we get is rain a few days a year. I'm more concerned about comfort and tread life than other factors since I decided to go with 19's. I'm thinking of 225/35 for the front and 265-275/30 for the rear depending on the brand as I know different brands run wider or narrower depending. I prefer the tires to be flush with the rim or even a little wider than the lip, really don't like the stretched look. I have stock suspension right now but plan on going w/ the Eibach pro kit for a fairly minimal drop. I don't want to break the bank on the tires especially since I don't count on them lasting that long. I was leaning towards the Continental Extreme Contact DW but it seems there are a few people on this forum hating on them, or is that just the Contis that come stock? Hoping you guys can help me out and give me a little advice as there are some very knowledgeable people here. Thanks in advance.
Old 03-22-2012, 07:33 PM

'11 C350 '13 F150 lariat
im not a big fan of the conti's either, they are good for all around, where u are its not a necessity. If you want factory looking sidewalls you want 245/35/19 and 275/30/19 that will be flush sidewalls. U didnt state the offset so thats gonna matter when u lower a bit w eibachs, so that tire size will have to change maybe. be aware u will never have a fat sidewall to prevent curbing no matter what u do, even stock 17s will get curbed and they are way over width from factory, u just gotta change the way u drive. No going close to curbs, park in the middle of lots, play pothole dodge, thats the game we play w custom wheels LOL. if you want a good budget tire thats all around good my fav's are falken 452's and sumitomo HZR3s they are both on the skinny side so you can go fat and have no problems either. Post your offsets for F and R so I know for reference. If your gungho on major brand tires, check tire rack and read the feedback reviews. personally I dont agree much with what I read, Ive ran pirelli Pzeros I think they are garbage, nittos are nice but pricey, and yokohamas Ive had some love for. Problem is there are too many variations in the lines and its hard to get specifics w regional areas too. Better w a good midrange tire cause they burn thru at 15k-20k miles so Id rather spend 800 on good tires than 1200 on excellent that ride just like the 800's do............sometimes names cost but dont perform
Old 03-23-2012, 12:26 PM

Sorry forgot to mention the offsets. They are +45 front & rear. I was looking at the Falkens, but was unsure of them 'cause I've never used them before and they're pretty cheap. I'm not hard set on running major brand name tires, but what is your opinion on the michelin pilot super sports? Have you ever run those on any of your rides before? They have a good treadwear rating and good reviews also. I understand your skepticism on reviews though, most of the reviews are done with minimal mileage and who knows about t he reviewers prior experience. Thanks, Jimmy
Old 03-23-2012, 03:56 PM
TR Moderator & Tire God

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
depends on the weather
While I understand that you do not need an all-season tires I would still recommend that you take a look at the Pilot Sport AS+. All season tires tend to offer noticable better tread wear and yourr post seems to point to your desire for a longer wearing tire. It also offers a warranty that I find remarkably "wife friendly" called the Michelin Promise Plan.

The Michelin Promise Plan includes the following benefits:

• 30-Day Satisfaction Guarantee
• Flat Tire Changing Assistance
• Limited Mileage Warranty

Satisfaction Guarantee:
We’re confident you’ll love your new MICHELIN tires. So confident, in fact,
that we back your purchase with a 30-Day Satisfaction Guarantee. You
have up to 30 days to decide if you want to keep them or exchange them
for a different set of tires. If you’re not 100% satisfied with your new tires,
just bring the tires and original sales receipt back to the place of purchase
within 30 days of your purchase and we will gladly exchange them.

Flat Tire Changing Assistance for 3 years:
MICHELIN tires are designed with robust construction to resist punctures,
but there are still some things that may cause your tire to lose air. We hope
you never experience a flat tire with your new MICHELIN tires, but if you
do, the Michelin Promise Plan is ready to help. In the event of a flat tire,
simply call the toll-free number listed below (also provided on the tear-out
wallet card), and a qualified service professional will replace your flat tire
with your inflated spare. If an inflated spare is not available,
and how many cars have a
spare tire these days, towing will be provided at no cost (up to 150 miles)
to the nearest approved Michelin
dealer of your choice. Flat Tire Assistance is available
24 hours a day, 365 days a year in the U.S. and Canada.

For Flat Tire Changing Assistance call:
1-888-553-4327
Old 03-29-2012, 11:56 AM

What do you guys think of the Hankook V12's? I was quoted a really good price on them and I have Hankooks on my truck and I'm really happy with them.